||September 2, 2013
||Internal Audit Manager Job Description
Those looking to fill the position of internal audit manager can use these examples as reference. The job descriptions should be customized to meet detailed company criteria.
Job Description: Internal Audit Manager (Sample 1)
Hiring Salary: _______ per month, negotiable within range dependent on knowledge, skills and work history.
- Performing advanced, specialized and/or managerial auditing work in multiple disciplines. Responsible for managing complex audits; performing critical project management duties in the planning, scheduling, coordinating, reviewing and reporting of the work of audit teams; and providing expertise in auditing standards and performance criteria, audit requirements and information technology skills
- Planning, assigning and supervising the daily activity and work of other auditors
- Developing and maintaining productive client and staff relationships
- Teaching, training and coaching staff
- Developing procedures, schedules, priorities, and programs for achieving audit objectives and goals
- Preparing complex audit reports using advanced writing skills
- Using project management tools to oversee project progress
- Identifying and communicating to department personnel changes in professional standards, pronouncements, laws, guidelines and audit requirements
- Assessing risk factors to identify high risk areas within the organization
- Attending and/or conducting internal meetings and participating in the recruitment and hiring of internal auditors
- Attending, presenting and/or participating in continuing professional education classes and training courses
- Performing other duties as assigned
Undergraduate or graduate degree in business or management-related field. Prefer accounting degree.
Minimum X years of experience in accounting or auditing, including supervisory experience. CPA and/or CIA and/or CISA. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a manager and a team member.
Ability to travel out of town on a periodic, as needed, basis.
We are an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Job Description: Internal Audit Manager (Sample 2)
Manage internal audit assignments throughout the company, utilizing staff from consulting firms and internal staff. Make recommendations that add value, ensuring maximum payback to the entity or process under review.
The position reports to the director of internal audit. There will be significant exposure to senior management throughout the organization. In addition, this individual will work closely with managers and partners from third-party organizations providing joint internal audit support.
- Assist the director of internal audit in preparing the annual audit plan
- Manage (Insert Number) individual internal audit assignments per year. This is likely to involve managing staff from a third party organization
- Undertake comprehensive planning and risk assessments relating to each assignment to ensure that the engagement identifies potential business risks
- Ensure that detailed audit work is effectively focused on areas assessed as high risk, thus ensuring maximum payback from the assignment
- Ensure that recommendations are clearly presented to and agreed to by management and that a subsequent audit report is issued promptly
- Ensure that all agreed upon recommendations are subsequently implemented
- The position holder is likely to be called upon to be a team member or team leader on various special projects requiring analytical and risk assessment skills
- Stay abreast of best practices both internally and externally and provide conduit for introducing those practices to the company
- Be a role model for the company’s values and demonstrate the highest ethical standards
- Deliver presentations to the audit committee
- Ensure that the internal audit intranet web site delivers value-added materials to the organization
- Likely to be a CPA with several years post-qualification experience
- Comfortable with leading-edge risk assessment methodologies
- Several years people management experience
- MBA and/or IT and/or language skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization and facilitate the implementation of corrective action
- Project management experience would be a plus
- Willing to travel up to X% of the time to locations throughout the world
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Download these job descriptions: