This sample report can be customized and distributed to communicate an internal audit department's current staffing levels and audit plan progress. It includes information on areas of focus; audit hot spots; corporate governance training; public company audit procedures; and summaries for the internal audit plan, internal audit staffing, internal controls; and an internal audit report summary focused on a shared service center.
This report was prepared for a publically traded company driving the internal audit department to focus on the following:
- Robust SOX testing, including entity-level controls
- Internal audit charter meeting standards outlined by The Institute of Internal Auditors
- Risk assessments (fraud, SOX, operational, IT, etc.)
- Core financial audits and operational/IT control reviews
- Ethics and accounting fraud response capabilities