This presentation describes a particular methodology for conducting a business impact analysis (BIA). The BIA is the careful study of individual business processes and support functions, as well as the system of business processes in its entirety, to better understand objectives regarding continuity of operations. It can be thought of as the "blueprint" for the business continuity plan.
The guide includes:
- What is Business Continuity Management?
- Why Plan for Business Interruptions?
- The Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and Common Criticisms
- Methodologies and Approaches to Conducting the BIA
- "Tools" Available to Execute a BIA
- Presenting the Results of the BIA