The business world is full of data. Using this data strategically presents a company with serious competitive advantages. The tricky part is making sense of the data and then communicating what it means. Data visualization (or data viz, for short) provides actionable insights out of what can be complex sets of data.
In this course, you'll learn the considerations for creating data visualizations and how to relay your message using data visualization tools. You’ll learn how to communicate clearly using data visualizing techniques. And you'll gain insight into how to use key design best practices to ensure your visualizations are clearly and accurately telling the story you want them to.
Please Note: This course is provided by a third party and therefore requires an extra step to obtain the CPE certificate. Upon completion of the course, download your course transcript and go to https://certificaterequest.skillsoft.com/ to request the certificate.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Explore data visualization
- Recognize the benefits of data visualization
- Identify key considerations for choosing a software tool to create data visualizations
- Identify the best practices for communicating clearly with data visualizations
- Distinguish between the purpose of different types of data visualizations
- Identify key design best practices for data visualizations
- Describe how to avoid creating data visualizations that are misleading
- Knowledge check: data visualization
Estimated Course Duration:
24 minutes (0.5 CPE)
Field of Study:
Download the Course Description
Complaint Resolution Policy/Refund Policy:
For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at (866) 923-8513 or if outside the U.S., please call +1 (925) 598-7771. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION CREDITS
Protiviti is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org