Ethical leadership requires more than just being an ethical person. It requires modeling, embodying, and embracing characteristics such as honesty, integrity, and trust - while also fostering and encouraging positive ethics in those you lead. It sometimes means making hard decisions that still allow you to face yourself in the mirror every morning.
In this course, you'll learn about the different aspects of ethical leading. You'll learn how to communicate expectations for ethical behavior in the workplace, and how your personal and professional values can guide you to make ethical decisions. You'll also learn how to handle common ethical problems and dilemmas, and discover how to make ethics an ongoing part of your work culture.
Please Note: This course is provided by a third party and therefore requires an extra step to obtain the CPE certificate. Upon completion of the course, download your course transcript and go to https://certificaterequest.skillsoft.com/ to request the certificate.
Upon completion of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Lead with values and ethics
- Differentiate between being an ethical leader and leading ethically
- Identify ways to intentionally communicate ethical expectations to employees
- Differentiate between ethical problems and ethical dilemmas faced by leaders and employees
- Knowledge Check: Getting Grounded as an Ethical Leader
- Identify the key principles associated with using a decision map to explore values and intentions related to making ethical decisions
- Recognize the purpose of each stage in a process used to handle ethical dilemmas
- Identify ways to sustain your efforts to lead with ethics and values
- Knowledge Check: Leading Ethically
- Reflect on what you've learned
Estimated Course Duration:
36 minutes (1 CPE)
Field of Study:
Download the Course Description
Complaint Resolution Policy/Refund Policy:
For more information regarding refund, complaint and program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at (866) 923-8513 or if outside the U.S., please call +1 (925) 598-7771. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION CREDITS
Protiviti is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org