Setting the 2020 Audit Committee Agenda - The Bulletin, Volume 7, Issue 5
This issue of The Bulletin
identifies several agenda items for audit committees to consider in the upcoming year.
Upcoming CPE Webinar: Setting the 2020 Audit Committee Agenda
Join us on January 7 as we discuss the significant issues that we believe warrant the attention of audit committees at most companies and organizations.
Order-to-Cash Risks Guide
This sample document can be used as a guide to mitigating risks common to an organization’s order-to-cash process.
Cloud Computing Guide: Risk and Audit Considerations
This sample guide focuses on risk and audit matters associated with cloud computing and includes multiple business models.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Request for Proposal: Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance
This sample request for proposal (RFP) can be used by organizations seeking a qualified service provider to implement a Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance function.
UPDATED AUDIT REPORT
Integrated Audit Committee Plan Report
This sample report can be used by auditors to evaluate an organization's control environment and monitor the components of internal controls over financial reporting.
Legal Spend Management Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This capability maturity model can be used to measure the maturity of an organization’s legal spend management process and to assist its progress from the initial/ad-hoc state toward the optimized state.
Procurement Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This capability maturity model can be used to measure the maturity of an organization’s procurement process and to assist its progress from the initial/ad-hoc state toward the optimized state.
The Jardine Matheson Group: Creating Future Value Through Innovation
In this profile, Linda Chan, head of Group Audit and Risk Management at the Jardine Matheson Group, outlines her team’s efforts to safeguard the future value of the business through modernization and innovation.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
With FASB Deadlines Finalized, a Final Checklist for CECL Readiness
For the smaller institutions that have until the end of 2022 to comply with the FASB's four major accounting standards, including CECL, this article provides a quick checklist to go over to ensure that the transition goes as smoothly as possible.
Report: UK Regulators Urged to Hold Firms and Individuals Accountable for “Unacceptable” Number of IT Failures
This article provides a list of questions that can be used to stimulate a discussion on operational resilience at the board level and among the senior management team.
KNOWLEDGELEADER BLOG POST
In The Spotlight: Your Accounts Payable Process
The quality of the design of the accounts payable process and how well it's executed has an impact on two important areas to the company. Read on the blog.
When Everything Old is New Again: How to Audit Artificial Intelligence for Racial Bias
This article explores the spotlight that artificial intelligence (AI) has put on the human biases that have been woven into and become part of the Black Box. Source: isaca.org
IASB Proposes Changes to Reporting of Profit and Income
The International Accounting Standards Board proposed improvements to profit or loss statements and a more disciplined and transparent approach to management-defined performance measurement reporting. Source: cfo.com
DID YOU KNOW?
Audit Planning Topic
KnowledgeLeader has over 140 tools and publications related to audit planning in our database, and they are all right at your fingertips. Check out our Audit Planning Topic Page to explore all of the audit planning content available to you.
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Basic Six Sigma Statistics
This course explores basic statistical tools used for measuring performance. The completed course is worth 1.5 CPE credits, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Recognize the differences between descriptive and inferential statistics
- Define central tendency
- Calculate the mean of a sample
- Calculate the median of a sample
- Determine the mode of a sample
- Define dispersion
- Determine the range of a sample
- Calculate the standard deviation of a sample
- Calculate the variance of a sample
- Distinguish between tools for inferential statistics
- Identify the effects that outliers have on measures of central tendency and dispersion
- Demonstrate your understanding of measures of central tendency and measures of dispersion
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Checklists – New Edition of US GAAP Disclosure Checklists Published
- Checklists – New Edition of AutoCheck U.S. GAAP Disclosures Checklist and AutoCheck U.S. GAAP Interim Disclosures Checklist Published
- Auditor Independence – SEC Proposes to Codify Certain Consultations and Modernize Auditor Independence Rules
- Checklists – New Editions of Industry-Specific Disclosures Checklists Published
- Not-for-Profit Entities – 2020 Edition of CCH’s Not-for-Profit Reporting Guide Published
- CPA Exam – AICPA Targets Technology and Core Skills in CPA Exam Practice Analysis
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Project Management Office (PMO) Audit Work Program
- Protiviti's Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 Compliance Initiatives Methodology
- Mergers and Acquisitions Integration Methodology
- AR and Cash Application Process Flow