Support End Users RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the ‘‘support end users” process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
METHODOLOGIES AND MODELS
Contractor Procurement Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This document provides a sample matrix that can be used to measure an organization’s contractor procurement process capability.
UPDATED AUDIT REPORT
Import Compliance Audit Report
This audit report assesses adherence to a company’s import procedures as established by its International Transportation and Compliance (ITC) department. For each procedure within scope, internal audit identified the controls in place to monitor compliance with the procedures and then tested the operation of the monitoring controls.
Month-End Walkthrough Questionnaire
This questionnaire outlines month-end close procedures to review during a walkthrough process.
Preliminary Controls Assessment Questionnaire: Accounts Payable
This is an example of a preliminary assessment questionnaire that can be presented to managers or process owners before conducting an accounts payable audit. It is intended to help the internal audit department understand existing accounts payable business processes and management's view of the internal control environment.
Financial Statement Risk Assessment Guide
This guide outlines the financial statement risk assessment process that is used to prioritize the financial elements and processes for Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 purposes.
UPDATED REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Request for Proposal: Internal Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
This RFP for co-sourcing internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance services provides a variety of sample questions to ask a potential outsource or co-source partner.
Executive Perspectives on Top Risks in 2019: Technology, Media and Telecommunications Industry Group Results
The rapid speed of disruptive innovations remains a critically important area for the technology, media and telecommunications industry, and organizations have become more knowledgeable about strategies to address it effectively.
Can Machine Learning Improve Consumer Lending? We Think So
Many lenders may not be fully aware of the potential of machine learning as a viable tool for optimizing lending decisions, but this article explains why they should be.
Knowledge Is Power: What Higher Education Institutions Must Know About GDPR Compliance Risk
This article offers GDPR guidance for U.S. colleges and universities and provides three examples of GDPR danger zones that may expose them to GDPR compliance risk, including hefty fines.
Managed Services Can Help Emerging Tech Firms Scale for Growth and Maintain Momentum
This article describes how managed services providers can help emerging technology businesses implement the processes they need to evolve into the strong, profitable and disruptive companies they are working hard to become.
Governance Professionals Look to 2019
This article explains how governance professionals will evolve in the year 2019 with the emerging trends of board diversity, focus on shareholder engagement, director evaluation and ESG issues. Source: corporatesecretary.com
Robotic Process Automation Just Got "Intelligent" Thanks to Machine Learning
This article reflects on the use cases of intelligent automation and its impact on improving the efficiency of an organization's operations. It also highlights important points to consider when embarking on the intelligent automation journey. Source: forbes.com
Manage Fixed Assets: Disposals RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the “disposal risk” aspect of the fixed assets process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Choosing and Using the Best Solution
- Leases – Changes Affecting Lessors Discussed
- Credit Losses – FASB Proposes Targeted Transition Relief to Institutions Applying the Credit Losses Standard
- Service Organizations – 2019 Edition of Knowledge-Based Examinations of Service Organizations Published
- Employee Benefit Plans – 2019 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits of Employee Benefit Plans Published
- Auditing Estimates – PCAOB Guidance Discussed
- Engagement Standards – New Edition of ARM Engagement Standards: Audit Engagements – AICPA Published
- GASB Technical Plan – GASB First Technical Plan for 2019 Discussed
The time has come to make a final decision. In this course, you'll learn how to make smart decisions based on key criteria and decision-making styles. You'll also learn how to plan, manage, evaluate and celebrate solution implementation. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credit, and by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Recognize criteria that can help you select the best solution to a problem
- Choose the appropriate decision-making style for a situation
- Recall best practices for preparing for the implementation of a solution
- Recognize practices that can help make the implementation of a solution go smoothly
- Recognize the benefits of evaluating and celebrating an implementation
- Recognize how to make a decision and follow through with its implementation
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Internal Audit Performance Measures Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Internal Audit Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Sales Order Cycle Review Audit Report
- Preliminary Controls Assessment Questionnaire: Billing, Accounts Receivable, Credit and Collections
- The Updated COSO Internal Control Framework