Salesforce: V2MOM and Setting a Vision for Salesforce Audit
In this profile, Art Perez, senior vice president and audit executive at Salesforce, explains the V2MOM planning process and why it is an important part of the company’s secret sauce.
Compliance Overview Questionnaire
This tool contains 24 sample questionnaires that provide organizations with key risks, expected key controls and questions to consider when ensuring compliance with various policies, regulations and processes.
Interview Essentials Guide
This tool contains two guides management can use to understand the essential components of the interview process and to prepare to conduct an interview.
IT Change Management Policy
This document contains five sample policies that provide an overview of procedures organizations should perform during the IT change management process.
Setting Sights on Digital Transformation and Innovation
This issue of Board Perspectives
spotlights an NACD Master Class discussion about how boards and their companies can best leverage digital transformation and innovation to compete and thrive.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
SPAC Popularity Continues to Grow
Audit Analytics examines 2020’s unprecedented rise in special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) initial public offerings (IPOs).
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Effective Third-Party Risk Management During COVID-19 and Beyond
Protiviti Managing Directors Paul Kooney and Brian Kostek explain why companies should embrace innovative third-party risk management (TPRM) technology and techniques post-pandemic.
New Territory: Private Equity Firms Eye the 401K Market
This article recaps the U.S. Department of Labor’s recent Information Letter and outlines key risks private equity firms should consider surrounding new available funds.
Global Perspectives and Insights: The Three Lines Model – An Important Tool for the Success of Every Organization
The Three Lines Model helps organizations identify structures, design processes, and assign responsibilities that best assist the achievement of objectives and facilitate strong governance and risk management. Source: theiia.org
Tips for Auditing in a COVID-19 Environment
This article shares tips on best practices, fraud considerations and procedures practitioners should use in a post-COVID world. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
The Board’s Role in Crisis Response
A board of directors needs to map out a crisis response, oversee it when it is put into practice and evaluate it in the aftermath. Source: cfo.com
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Gauging Your Leadership Performance
In this course, you'll learn about techniques leaders can use to carry out a self-assessment, such as reflective journaling, surveys and checklists, and 360-degree feedback. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credits and by the end of the course, you will be able to:
KNOWLEDGELEADER'S GREATEST HITS
Accounts Payable RCM
- Discover the subject areas that will be covered in this course
- List the steps of using reflective journaling for self-assessment
- Recognize the process for using surveys and checklists for self-assessment
- Identify the benefits of self-assessment via 360-degree feedback
- Recognize the techniques for leading and listening
- Identify ways to challenge and empower yourself
- Recognize the techniques for rewarding yourself for achieving your goals
- Take appropriate actions to prepare a leadership development plan
This document outlines risks and controls common to the "accounts payable" process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Securities Offerings – SEC Staff Issues Letter to Companies Regarding Securities Offerings During Times of Extreme Price Volatility
- Money Market Fund Reform – SEC Requests Comments on Potential Money Market Fund Reform
- Liabilities and Equity – FASB Discusses Distinguishing Liabilities from Equity
- Real Estate Entities – 2021 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits of Real Estate Entities Published
- Employee Benefit Plans – Supplement to 2020 edition of Knowledge-Based Audits of Employee Benefit Plans Published
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Common Fraud Scenarios Guide
- Starbucks Coffee Company: Brewing Up a Balanced Blend of Innovation, Productivity and Future-Focused Capabilities
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Fraud Detection Guide