Rabobank: An Appetite for Audit Innovation
In this profile, Rabobank Global Head of IT Risk and Continuity Management Klaas Leendert Leijendekker explains how his team has used data-driven assurance and cultural drivers to transform the company.
Systems and Data Audit Work Program
This sample work program can be used by auditors to identify and mitigate risks associated with an organization’s critical systems and software.
Connection to Untrusted Network Standard Policy
This sample policy documents security requirements surrounding network access between a company’s computer network and untrusted computer networks.
Data Access and User Authentication Policy
The purpose of this access management policy is to ensure that access to all company systems and applications is properly approved and monitored.
Measure Organizational Performance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
This tool includes key performance indicators and questions organizations should consider when evaluating their performance measures.
Develop Public Relations Program Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
This tool contains leading practices and key performance indicators companies should consider when creating their public relations campaigns.
The Top Risks in 2021: A Global Perspective
This issue of Board Perspectives
shares some of the key takeaways from the 2021 Executive Perspectives on Top Risks survey and ranks the top 10 risk themes in order of priority.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
A Closer Look into Human Capital Management Disclosures
Audit Analytics examines environmental, social and governance disclosures of amended regulations regarding human capital management.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Fintechs and Regulatory Compliance — A Happily Ever After?
Protiviti’s Owen Strijland shares his insights on how fintechs can overcome the AML challenges related to becoming PSD2-compliant without becoming disheartened in the process.
Healthcare Internal Audit During a Pandemic — Going From React to Rethink
This article offers several approaches healthcare internal audit functions can use as they adapt and extend their capabilities in new ways during and after the COVID-19 crisis.
It's Hard for Internal Auditors to "Follow the Risks" When There Is No Consensus
Richard Chambers shares his two key takeaways from the 2021 Executive Perspectives on Top Risks Survey conducted by Protiviti and the North Carolina State ERM Initiative. Source: theiia.org
Are Boards Negligent When Internal Audit Heads Are Hired and Fired?
Richard Chambers shares his take on the association between efficient internal audit functions and the audit committee’s role in hiring and firing chief audit executives. Source: theiia.org
Many Boards Lacking ESG Expertise, Study Finds
This article explores the severe lack of leadership credentials from boards and directors in environmental and governance fields. Source: corporatesecretary.com
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Cost Accounting Module 1: Cost Terms, Concepts and Classifications
This basic-level online tutorial is designed to provide you with a working knowledge of the terms and concepts you will need for the more advanced topics covered in later modules. The completed course is worth 1 CPE credit and by the end of the course, you will be able to:
KNOWLEDGELEADER'S GREATEST HITS!
- Identify fundamental cost accounting terms, concepts and classifications and their elements
- Identify ways that inventory flows through financial statements
- Identify characteristics of fixed and variable costs
This tool contains two sample policies that outline guidelines and accounting policies associated with an organization's inventory process.
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Joint Ventures – FASB Discusses Accounting by a Joint Venture for Nonmonetary Assets Contributed by Investors
- Predecessor Auditors – AICPA’s ASB Proposes New SAS to Enhance Communication Between Past and Potential New Financial Statement Auditors
- Responding to Legal Non-Compliance – AICPA’s Ethics Division Proposes Interpretations on Responding to Legal Non-Compliance
- Employee Benefit Plans – 2021 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits of Employee Benefit Plans Published
- Service Organizations – 2021 Edition of Knowledge-Based Examinations of Service Organizations
- ESG – AICPA, CIMA, and CAQ Publish A Roadmap for Practitioners
- ARSC Meeting Highlights – ARSC Meeting Highlights Published
- Financial Reporting Model Improvements – GASB Fact Sheet Published
- GAQC – GAQC Alert No. 422 Published
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Preliminary Controls Self-Assessment Questionnaire
- Project Management Office Guide
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Audit Planning Memo