Purchase Materials and Supplies: Purchase Orders RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the purchase order (PO) aspect of the “purchase materials and supplies” process in a risk control matrix format.
Equal Employment Opportunity Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This document provides a model that can be used to measure an organization’s equal employment opportunity management capability.
UPDATED AUDIT REPORT
Incentive Compensation Process Audit Report
This sample report summarizes an internal audit review of an organization's incentive compensation process. The report includes an executive summary, description of audit work performed, process maps of the audit area, and recommendations.
UPDATED CHECKLISTS AND QUESTIONNAIRES
International Human Resources Audit Checklist
This checklist sample outlines key considerations for an audit of an organization's international human resources policies and operations.
Accounts Payable Outsourcing Vendor Selection Questionnaire
This sample questionnaire can be used to assess and compare accounts payable outsourcing vendors in a matrix format.
UPDATED REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Request for Proposal: Internal Audit Services Establishing an Audit Function
This sample request for proposal can be used to solicit qualified services to help an organization start an internal audit function.
The Responsible Technology Firm of the Future: Corporate Governance and Regulatory Compliance Podcast
In this second episode in Protiviti’s podcast series on the Responsible Technology Firm of the Future, Managing Directors Gordon Tucker, Matt Moore and Jim DeLoach discuss how technology firms can achieve the right balance between innovation, corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
SEC Enforcement Targets Ineffective Controls — Who Else Is at Risk?
The Securities and Exchange Commission recently fined four companies for having ineffective internal controls. In this article, Audit Analytics explains why the SEC’s charges were unusual and outlines what they mean for other public companies.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
The Responsible Tech Firm Series Part 2: Can You Hear the Regulatory Wake Up Call?
Protiviti Managing Directors Gordon Tucker and Shelley Metz-Galloway add to the insights offered in Part Two of Protiviti’s responsible technology series, focusing on the rising tide of regulation and recent laws passed in the U.S.
Creating Business Value Through Effective Third-Party Risk Management Auditing
This article outlines some of the notable observations and takeaways from a panel discussion at the 2018 IIA Financial Services Exchange conference on how internal audit can create value through third-party risk management.
Deploying Robots Upstream: How to Evaluate the Opportunities and Make the Business Case
This article explores how exploration and production companies within the oil and gas industry can use RPA by demonstrating how to determine whether a specific process is suited for RPA software and quantifying the benefits of deploying a solution.
KNOWLEDGELEADER BLOG POST
Top 10 Pages: February 2019
This last month's Top 10 list has variety--we see some classics, some surprises, and a lot of content that should be useful for completing your audit projects throughout 2019 and beyond. Check out the full list and enjoy!
The IIA Releases New Implementation Guidance for Code of Ethics
The IIA has released new guidance for implementing its Code of Ethics. Each of the four Code of Ethics principles ― Integrity, Objectivity, Confidentiality, and Competency ― are accompanied by specific rules of conduct. Source: theiia.org
Challenges on Cybersecurity Landscape Demand Strong Leadership
This report highlights many of the issues cybersecurity professionals have long been painfully aware of. Source: isaca.org
DID YOU KNOW?
KnowledgeLeader has over 45 pieces of content focused on RCM. So, what are you waiting for? Come explore our publications and tools! All of our RCM tools are exclusively available for our subscribers. Subscribe today
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Defining Alternative Solutions to a Problem
Part of problem solving is creating alternative solutions. In this course, you'll learn how to define ideal states and generate and evaluate problem solutions. You'll also learn how to recognize and avoid common problem-solving pitfalls. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credit, and by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Identify best practices for defining the ideal state
- Apply best practices for generating alternatives to problems
- Recall the steps for facilitating a group brainstorming session
- Distinguish between various techniques for evaluating alternative solutions
- Avoid common traps in the problem-solving process
- Recognize how to generate and evaluate alternative solutions to a problem
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Leases – New Edition of Lease Accounting Template Published
- Leases – FASB Clarifies Implementation Guidance and Disclosure Requirements in Leases Standard
- Checklist – New Edition of Summary Checklist of Recent Authoritative U.S. Accounting Standards Published
- Stock Compensation – FASB Proposes Guidance on Share-Based Payments to a Customer
- Government Grants – FASB Discusses Government Grants Disclosure
- Derivatives and Hedging – New Edition of Derivatives and Hedging Interpretation Published
- Revenue Recognition – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Discusses ASU 2018-18
- Disclosure Improvements – FASB Considers Improvements to Disclosure Requirements
- SEC Disclosures – SEC Commissioner Peirce Discusses SEC Disclosure Regime
- Employee Benefit Plans – 2019 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits Published
- Nontraditional Engagements – 2019 Edition of Knowledge-Based Nontraditional Engagements Published
- Using the Work of Specialists – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Examines PCAOB Auditing Standard 1210
- Asset Retirement Obligations – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Discusses GASB 83
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Process Accounts Receivable and Collections RCM
- Internal Audit Performance Measures Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Accounts Payable Internal Controls Questionnaire
- Inventory Policy
- Accounts Payable RCM