Olympus Corporation: ‘‘T’’ Is for Transformation ... and Team
In this profile, Richard Lebitz, global chief internal audit officer at Olympus, summarizes his internal audit team’s five-year performance-based transformation plan.
Segregation of Duties Questionnaire
This tool contains nine sample questionnaires auditors can use to ensure proper segregation of duties for a variety of processes.
Data Classification Standard Policy
This sample policy can be used by auditors to ensure that all of the organization’s classified information is properly identified and marked.
Document Retention Program Policy
This policy sample establishes definitions, guidelines and procedures an organization should follow during its document retention process.
Sourcing Risk Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
This tool contains leading practices and questions organizations should consider when evaluating outsourcing risks.
Benchmark Performance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
This tool outlines key performance indicators and process steps organizations should follow when benchmarking.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
Audit Opinion Types Available in Our Europe Database
Audit Analytics explores the differences between an unqualified opinion and a modified opinion, noting which ones should raise a flag for investors.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Furlough Planning: An Art and a Science Supported by Technology and Sound Change Management
This article outlines the benefits of furlough planning and provides questions senior leaders should consider as they shape a furlough strategy going forward.
Suspicious Activity Reporting: Government Aid Programs in the Spotlight
This article reviews the Small Business Administration’s Information Notice and offers proactive steps depository institutions should take to ensure proper handling of suspicious activity related to government aid programs.
Not-for-Profit Auditors Face New Challenges Amid Pandemic
This article describes the challenges practitioners are facing due to the pandemic and suggests pointers to tackle the sudden change. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
Companies Should Disclose Plans for Net-Zero Carbon Economy, Says Fink
Find out why BlackRock Chairman and CEO Larry Fink's annual letter will increase push for net-zero commitments from companies. Source: corporatesecretary.com
Six Tips for CPAs on Newest Round of PPP Funding
A new round of Paycheck Protection Program funding is available for businesses affected by the pandemic. Here’s what CPAs and business leaders need to know to get the funding they need. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
FEATURED PREMIUM CONTENT
Develop Sales and Marketing Strategy Risk and Control Matrix (RCM)
This document outlines risks and controls common to the sales and marketing strategy process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
DID YOU KNOW?
Audit Reporting Topic
KnowledgeLeader has over 195 tools and publications related to audit reporting in our database, and they are all right at your fingertips. Check out our Audit Reporting Topic Page to explore all of the content available to you.
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Cost Accounting Module 2: Job Order Costing
This basic-level online tutorial introduces the job order costing system and process and discusses how costs for inventory, materials, labor and overhead are captured and applied to jobs. The completed course is worth 1 CPE credit and upon completion of the course, you should be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Define job order costing
- Identify the basic documents used in a job order costing system
- Identify the accounts used to capture costs in a job order costing system
- Identify journal entries used to record costs
- Identify how overhead is calculated and applied in a job order costing system
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Joint Ventures – FASB Discusses Accounting by a Joint Venture for Nonmonetary Assets Contributed by Investors
- SEC Disclosures – 2021 Edition of SEC Disclosures Checklists Published
- Going Concern – New Edition of Going Concern Interpretation and Checklist Published
- Financial Data Disclosures – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Discusses SEC Amendments to Financial Data Disclosures
- General Accounting and Auditing Developments – New GAAS Update Service Discusses AICPA Audit Risk Alert
- Compensated Balances – GASB Proposes Enhanced Guidance on Compensated Absences
- Covid-19 – GAQC Publishes Summary of Uniform Guidance (UG) Applicability for New COVID-19-Related Federal Programs
- Covid-19 – GAQC Publishes Guidance on the Reporting of Certain COVID-19 Awards on an Accrual Basis SEFA
- GAQC – GAQC Alert No. 423 Published
- COVID-19 – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Discusses Governmental GAAP in Light of COVID-19
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Systems and Data Audit Work Program
- Rabobank: An Appetite for Audit Innovation
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- Measure Organizational Performance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire