A Look at Key IT Audit Issues: Six Focal Points for CAEs
This paper shares six items at the top of IT audit leaders’ growing priority lists that should resonate with CAEs, based on key points from Protiviti’s 2019 IT audit benchmarking survey.
SOX Sections 302 and 404 Integrated Policies Questionnaire
This tool outlines questions to consider when preparing integrated policies for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Sections 302 and 404.
Social Media Risks Guide
This document can be used as a guide for identifying and mitigating social media risks within an organization.
Compliance Risk Management Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This capability maturity model can be used to measure the maturity of an organization’s compliance risk management process and to assist its progress from the initial/ad-hoc state toward the optimized state.
Signature and Authorization Policy
This tool contains three sample policies that establish standards and procedures for signature approval and authorization requirements necessary to commit company funds or assets.
Special Payment Handling Policy
This tool contains two sample policies that establish standards and procedures for an organization’s special payment handling process.
Record Retention Policy
This tool contains two sample policies that establish standards and procedures for the retention of an organization’s electronic and paper records.
Executive Perspectives on Top Risks in 2020: Healthcare Industry Group Results
This report illustrates the top risks healthcare organizations should keep in mind throughout 2020, based on the results from Protiviti’s Executive Perspectives on Top Risks in 2020 Survey.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Getting Ready for the Threat of Cyber Warfare
This article explains the recent rise in malicious cyber activity directed at U.S. industries and government agencies and offers nine key actions firms can take to deter, identify and respond to a cyberattacks.
PCAOB Shares Audit Committee Insights
This article takes a closer look at some top-level insights from Protiviti’s recent Flash Report, which highlights key points from the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board’s (PCAOB) report.
KNOWLEDGELEADER BLOG POST
Important Roles You Need to Be Aware of During Enterprise Risk Management
This week's blog post explores the roles internal audit can play when facilitating enterprise risk management (ERM) within an organization.
A Compliance-First Mentality Increases Enterprise Risk
This article explains how organizations that overemphasize compliance at the cost of true risk assessments create a dangerous operating environment and an increased risk profile. Source: isaca.org
Three Ways of Driving Success in an Acquisition
While corporate development typically builds the deal model and prepares the synergy projections, the CFO's team should pressure-test and calibrate them. Source: cfo.com
FEATURED PREMIUM CONTENT
Purchase Materials and Supplies RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the “purchasing of materials and supplies” process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Physical Inventory - Introduction to Inventory Control Methods
This course will give you a fundamental understanding of the inventory control methodologies to use when working with or auditing clients in the manufacturing or retail industries. The completed course is worth 1.5 CPE credits, and by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Recall definitions of key manufacturing and accounting terms used to describe inventory movement transactions
- Identify the accounting impacts of inventory transactions
- Identify attributes of cycle count approaches
- Identify the steps of a reconciliation and differentiate it from a roll-forward
- Identify the benefits, drawbacks, and risks of count selection methods and the cycle count process
- Identify the documents that accompany common planning and movement transactions, and when to record movement transactions
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Guarantor Disclosures – SEC Amends Rules on Financial Disclosures about Guarantors and Issuers of Guaranteed Securities
- Fund Names – SEC Requests Comment on Fund Names Rule
- Investment Advisors – SEC Amends Certain Exemptions from Investment Adviser Registration
- Dealerships – 2018-2019 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits, Preparations, Compilations and Reviews of Dealerships Guide Published
- SOC for Supply Chain – New AICPA Guide Published
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Audit Test Type Guide
- Risk Management Policy
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- Internal Audit Performance Measures Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- SOX Compliance and Reporting Strategy Questionnaire