PCAOB Issues Outlook to Audit Committees for 2019 Staff Inspections
In this Flash Report, we highlight some of the most notable areas the PCAOB underscored in its recent staff inspection brief.
Manual Journal Entries RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the “manual journal entries” process in a risk control matrix format.
UPDATED AUDIT REPORT
Sales Compensation Process Audit Report
This sample audit report summarizes an internal audit review of an organization's sales compensation process. The report includes an executive summary, background statistics, benchmarking data and recommendations.
UPDATED CHECKLISTS AND QUESTIONNAIRES
Process Integration Checklist
This sample checklist can be used to facilitate the division of a merging company’s subsidiaries and to evaluate the divisions’ duplicate processes.
Account Reconciliation Questionnaire
This sample questionnaire can be used to analyze the effectiveness of an organization's account reconciliation process.
UPDATED REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Request for Proposal: Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
This sample request for proposal (RFP) is designed for organizations seeking Sarbanes-Oxley compliance services.
Sharpening the Focus on Cybersecurity – Board Perspectives: Risk Oversight, Issue 113
This issue of Board Perspectives: Risk Oversight
takes a fresh look at the oft-discussed topic of cybersecurity, offering seven key focus points for boards to consider.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Quantifying Cyber Risk: Takeaways From FAIRCON18
This article shares some of the key takeaways from the speakers and panel discussions at the FAIR Institute’s FAIRCON18 conference, outlining the steps toward transforming how companies measure cybersecurity risk.
Building Bot Boundaries: RPA Controls in SOX Systems
This article examines some of the SOX compliance challenges that may result from an RPA implementation and how to avoid them.
Trends in Tech: What Emerging Technology Firms Must Keep an Eye On
This article takes a look at three emerging tech trends that were hot topics for discussion at the 2018 TechCrunch Disrupt SF conference.
KNOWLEDGELEADER BLOG POST
Exploring the Big Picture of IT Risk Assessment
Most, if not all, business transactions executed today touch the information technology (IT) environment at some point in their lifecycle. This week's blog post explores IT risk assessment and creating an audit plan.
@ISACA Volume 6
This edition of ISACA's newsletter discusses vendor risk management, the top concern for the state of cybersecurity, diving into NIST risk management framework revision 2, and more. Source: isaca.org
The IIA Releases New Practice Guide on Assessing the Risk Management Process
This guide will help internal auditors develop approaches to reviewing and assessing the effectiveness of an organization’s risk management processes and strategies, regardless of the activity’s size, maturity level or resource level. Source: theiia.org
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Establishing Effective Virtual Teams
Building a solid team is enough of a challenge when everyone is in the same location. Virtual teams require even more commitment. In this course, you'll learn about remote management and tactics for communication, assessment and meetings. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credit, and by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
Manage Billing/Account Adjustments RCM
- Describe the main areas of concern for a remote manager
- Recall guidelines for establishing relationships with team members
- List communication areas in which virtual managers need to establish team standards
- Categorize communication tools as synchronous or asynchronous
- Recall strategies for supporting and encouraging virtual team members
- Recognize guidelines for managing performance among virtual team members
- Recall guidelines for managing remote team meetings
- Recognize strategies for establishing and managing a virtual team that can work effectively together
This document outlines risks and controls common to the manage billing/account adjustments process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Income Taxes – FASB Proposes Improvements to Income Tax Disclosures
- Checklists – New Edition of SEC Disclosure Checklists Published
- Debt – FASB Discusses Debt Disclosures
- Small Business Capital Formation – SEC Office on Small Business Capital Formation Discussed
- Investment Management – Deputy Director Discusses SEC’s Investment Management Chief Counsels Office
- Investment Management – SEC Director Discusses 2019 Agenda Items
- Risks – SEC Director Discusses Disclosures on Complex or Uncertain Risks
- Proxy Process – SEC Commissioner Roisman Discusses Proxy Process
- Equity Market Structure – SEC Chairman Clayton Discusses Equity Market Structure
- Guarantor Financial Information – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Discusses SEC Proposal
- Nontraditional Engagements – 2019 Edition of Knowledge-Based Nontraditional Engagements Published
- Credit Losses – 2019 Edition of AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Published
- Prior Period Audits – AICPA Amends Q&A for Prior Period Audits
- Employee Benefit Plans – 2019 Edition of AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Published
- Not-for-Profit Entities – 2019 Edition of AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Published
- Auditor-Engaged Specialist – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Discusses PCAOB Auditing Standard 1210
- Leases – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Discusses GASB’s Implementation Guide
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Manage Inventories RCM
- Internal Audit Performance Measures Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Inventory Policy
- Employee Benefits Audit Work Program
- Facilities Management Audit Work Program