Revenue Assurance: Invoice Deduction Process Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This document provides a model and six elements of infrastructure that can be used to evaluate the invoice deduction aspect of an organization’s revenue assurance process.
UPDATED AUDIT REPORT
Risk Assessment Results Audit Committee Report
This sample report to the audit committee primarily focuses on the audit risk assessment process and its results and the internal audit planning process.
UPDATED CHECKLISTS AND QUESTIONNAIRES
Anti-Fraud Program Evaluation Questionnaire
This document focuses on key questions for board members and management when evaluating an organization's anti-fraud program.
Ethics Audit Checklist
This checklist contains a set of questions that can be used when performing an ethics audit. Topics include policies and procedures, communication, training, change management, violations, penalties and enforcement.
Corruption Risk Management Questionnaire
This questionnaire can be used to assess an organization's management of corruption risk, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other key considerations.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
Trends in Cybersecurity Breach Disclosures
In this article, Audit Analytics summarizes some of the notable trends and statistics found in its Trends in Cybersecurity Breach Disclosures
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Recognizing the People Element in Data Security Implementations
This article explains how better communication and a structured change management plan can help organizations better manage risks through the use of information security technology and embrace policies around it.
Highlighting Recent Cyber-Related Financial Losses, the SEC Urges Public Companies to Revisit Internal Accounting Controls
This article offers insights on the SEC’s report advising public companies to review internal accounting controls related to business email compromises (BECs), more commonly known as ‘‘spearphishing.’’
Finance Trends: RPA Paves the Way for Process Improvement
This article explores the broader benefits, challenges and opportunities of robotic process automation (RPA), focusing specifically on its use in finance processes.
KNOWLEDGELEADER BLOG POST
What You Need to Know About Compliance of GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became effective May 25, 2018, and introduced strict rules for the protection of the personal data of EU citizens. This week's blog post explores GDPR and how to handle compliance.
The Admissions Scandal: A Job for Internal Audit
Ramping up scrutiny of admissions practices could threaten selective colleges' fund-raising efforts – but the risks of not doing so are much greater. Source: insidehighered.com
Lease Accounting: A Private Company Perspective
This article discusses some of the lessons private and not-for-profit organizations can learn from public companies' adaption of the new lease accounting standard. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
DID YOU KNOW?
KnowledgeLeader has over 300 pieces of content focused on the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. So, what are you waiting for? Come explore our publications and tools!
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Checklists – New Edition of US GAAP Disclosure Checklists Published
- Checklists – New Edition of AutoCheck U.S. GAAP Disclosures Checklist and AutoCheck U.S. GAAP Interim Disclosures Checklist Published
- Industry-Specific Checklists – New Editions of Industry-Specific Checklists Published
- Checklists – New Edition of Cash Basis Financial Statement Disclosures Checklist Published
- Checklists – New Edition of Tax Basis Financial Statement Disclosures Checklist Published
- Dealerships – 2018-2019 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits, Preparations, Compilations and Reviews of Dealerships Guide Published
- Employee Benefit Plans – 2019 Edition of Knowledge-Based DOL Limited Scope Audits of Employee Benefit Plans
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Manual Journal Entries RCM
- Internal Audit Performance Measures Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- PCAOB Issues Outlook to Audit Committees for 2019 Staff Inspections
- Account Reconciliation Questionnaire
- Inventory Policy