TOP 10 TOOLS — Q1 2021
1. Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
The objective of this questionnaire is to assess a number of COSO elements and the related objectives for entity-level controls.
2. Audit Planning Memo
This tool provides three sample planning memos, which serve as a report of an internal audit function’s high-level assessment of the company’s audit planning process.
3. AR and Cash Application Process Flow
This process flow focuses on the AR and cash application process.
4. Internal Audit Risk Assessment Questionnaire
This tool contains three samples that provide questions organizations can use for assessing and improving their internal audit functions.
5. Accounts Payable RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the "accounts payable" process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
6. Enterprise Risk Management Questionnaire
This questionnaire can be used when analyzing an organization’s enterprise risk management strategy.
7. IT Data Management Policy
This tool contains two sample policies that outline guidelines and procedures common to an organization's IT data management process.
8. Accounts Receivable Aging and Collections Process Flow
This process flow outlines the accounts receivable aging and collection process.
9.Internal Audit Department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
This tool includes three sample documents that provide guidance internal audit and management can use to evaluate their performance measurements.
10. Risk Assessment and Internal Audit Plan
This tool contains three sample reports that detail results from an annual risk assessment designed to help organizations measure and improve their internal audit process.
TOP 10 PUBLICATIONS — Q1 2021
1. 2021 IT Audit Benchmarking Survey
Cybersecurity, privacy, data and resilience dominate the top technology challenges for organizations, according to the annual ISACA/Protiviti global survey of IT audit leaders and professionals.
2. Rabobank: An Appetite for Audit Innovation
In this profile, Rabobank Global Head of IT Risk and Continuity Management Klaas Leendert Leijendekker explains how his team has used data-driven assurance and cultural drivers to transform the company.
3. Starbucks Coffee Company: Brewing Up a Balanced Blend of Innovation, Productivity and Future-Focused Capabilities
In this profile, Starbucks Vice President and Chief Audit Executive Randa Saleh shares how her team leverages data analytics and automation to support business initiatives.
4. 10 ESG Reporting Questions Directors Should Consider
This issue of Board Perspectives: Risk Oversight
poses 10 questions boards should focus on to ensure sustainable and responsible ESG reporting.
5. Setting the 2021 Audit Committee Agenda
In this issue of The Bulletin
, Protiviti suggests eight 2021 audit committee agenda issues and offers questions for audit committees to consider when self-assessing their performance.
6. Remediating Internal Control Weaknesses During a Pandemic
As 2020 ends and many public companies are preparing annual financial statements, Audit Analytics examines the companies with internal control weaknesses that have faced challenges.
7. The Top Risks in 2021: A Global Perspective
This issue of Board Perspectives
shares some of the key takeaways from the 2021 Executive Perspectives on Top Risks survey and ranks the top 10 risk themes in order of priority.
8. Salesforce: V2MOM and Setting a Vision for Salesforce Audit
In this profile, Art Perez, senior vice president and audit executive at Salesforce, explains the V2MOM planning process and why it is an important part of the company’s secret sauce.
9. Internal Auditing Around the World: Volume 16
The future auditor has arrived. It’s a bold statement — and it’s true. The new edition of Internal Auditing Around the World addresses how internal audit is seizing — as well as creating — opportunities to use technology, including emerging tools like robotic process automation (RPA) and artificial intelligence, not only to increase their overall efficiency and productivity, but also to innovate.
10. Microsoft Discovers Multiple Zero-Day Exploits Being Used to Attack Exchange Servers
This Flash Report recaps Microsoft’s new security updates and outlines four steps organizations should take to prepare for and respond to the evolving threats posed by zero-day vulnerabilities.
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Goodwill – FASB Issues Alternative to Goodwill Triggering Event Assessment
- Checklist – New Edition of Summary Checklist of Recent Authoritative U.S. Accounting Standards Published
- GAAP Checklists – New Edition of U.S. GAAP Disclosures Checklists Published
- SEC Checklists – New Edition of SEC Checklists Published
- Industry-Specific Checklists – New Editions of Industry-Specific Checklists Published
- Revenue Recognition – FASB Ratifies EITF Consensus
- IFRS – IASB Proposes New Approach to Developing Disclosure Requirements in IFRS
- PPP Loans – AICPA’s Center for Plain English Accounting Publishes Guide on PPP Loans
- Revenue Recognition – New Edition of AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Published