Sustainability Reporting: Time to Get Serious? - The Bulletin, Volume 7, Issue 2
This issue of The Bulletin
discusses sustainability reporting – what it is, how it is being enabled, why it is important, and market developments to watch.
Upcoming Webinar: Protiviti and Shared Assessments Program Examine the Maturity of Vendor Risk Management
Join this webinar to hear experts discuss key findings from the 2019 Vendor Risk Management Benchmark Survey and answer your questions regarding your organization's VRM program and how it compares to the findings.
Store Audit Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This capability maturity model can be used to measure the maturity of an organization’s store audit process and to assist its progress from the initial/ad-hoc state toward the optimized state.
Employee Selection Process Flow
This process map defines the steps taken by an organization during the employee selection process.
UPDATED AUDIT REPORT
Sarbanes-Oxley Year-End Audit Committee Report
This sample report to the audit committee focuses on the progress of an organization's Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 program.
Employee New Hire Checklist
This sample checklist includes a list of forms, benefits and communications to consider including in the new hire process.
IT Employee Termination Checklist
This checklist outlines steps to follow when an IT employee stops working for a company.
Segregation of Duties Questionnaire: Financial Reporting
This document demonstrates how to properly segregate duties related to the financial reporting process.
2019 Vendor Risk Management Benchmark Survey - Running Hard to Stay in Place
Increasing pressures in the risk and regulatory environments continue to pose severe challenges to vendor risk management (VRM) programs, according to the latest Vendor Risk Management Benchmark Study from the Shared Assessments Program and Protiviti.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
A Guiding Principle for a Smooth Transition: Get Smart While Getting Things Done!
In this article, Protiviti Managing Directors Jim Ryan and Jay Thompson offer several best practices for a smooth acquisition transition to business as usual.
Next-Generation Internal Auditing: Addressing Risk in the Midst of Rapid Change
At the 2018 SIFMA Internal Audit Society Annual Conference, Protiviti sponsored a breakout session of future-minded internal auditors talking about innovation in the profession. This article provides a recap.
The Responsible Tech Firm Series Part 4: Corporate Social Responsibility
Protiviti has published a four-part series on key considerations for the responsible technology firm of the future. This article summarizes the final part of the series, with a discussion on social responsibility.
DID YOU KNOW?
KnowledgeLeader has over 70 pieces of content focused on COSO. So, what are you waiting for? Come explore our publications and tools!
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Getting the Big Picture by Defining the Project's Scope and Team
In this course, you will learn how to nail down all those big-picture details so that your project gets off on the right foot. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credit, and by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
@ISACA Volume 8
- Identify methods for identifying project requirements
- Recognize activities involved in defining a project's scope
- Describe how to break project work into manageable tasks
- Identify the types of resources that every project needs
- Describe how to pull together a project team
- Identify the stages of team development
- Make decisions about project work and how it will be carried out
This edition of ISACA's newsletter discusses tips for improving the risk management process, using continuous oversight to improve security, phishing awareness and more. Source: isaca.org
The Fallacy of Follow–Up Audits
This article explores some of the issues associated with follow-up audits and includes questions to consider before scheduling one. Source: theiia.org
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Risk Assessment Workshop Guide
- Internal Audit Performance Measures Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Inventory Policy
- AR and Cash Application Process Flow
- Corporate Treasury Review Audit Report: Sample 2
- Financial Instruments – FASB Issues Narrow-Scope Improvements to Financial Instruments Standard
- Intangibles – FASB Discusses Extending Private Company Alternatives for Intangible Assets and Goodwill
- Inflation – New Edition of Interpretation on Judging Whether an Economy is Highly Inflationary Published
- Employee Benefit Plans – Revised 2019 Edition of AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Published
- Not-for-Profit Entities – Revised 2019 Edition of AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Published
- Checklist – New Edition of State and Local Government Industry Checklist Published
- Audit Risk Alert – 2019 Edition of AICPA Audit Risk on Employee Benefit Plan Industry Developments Published