Financial Close Policy: Capital Project Procedures
This sample policy highlights capital project procedures organizations should follow during the financial close process.
Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) Job Description
This sample job description notes the responsibilities, key selection criteria and general information for the role of the chief compliance officer.
Risk Assessment Facilitation Guide
This tool contains three guidance documents that can be used by auditors to facilitate a risk assessment workshop.
Records Management Risk Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
This tool contains key performance indicators and questions an organization can use to evaluate its record management process.
Project Management Risk Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
This tool contains leading practices and questions companies should consider when creating their project management strategies.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
To Meet Today’s Challenges, CAEs Must Stay Focused on Next-Gen Internal Audit Practices
This article explains how audit leaders can initiate and maintain next-generation capabilities in today’s dynamic environment.
Proposed Rule for Drug Enforcement Administration Theft Reporting
This article suggests five prevention and detection controls organizations should focus on when creating a diversion and pharmacy compliance program.
As Regulators Boost Market Surveillance Capabilities, Firms Should Enhance Self-Monitoring to Reduce Trading Violations
This article offers five recommendations that firms can use to proactively manage market abuses in this heightened regulatory environment.
Changes to Accounting Standards Offer Transformational Opportunities for Insurers, With Extended Time to Implement
This article shares how insurers can take advantage of the FASB’s deferred compliance dates to transform key business functions.
The Week in GRC: Companies Face Surge in ESG Proposals and SEC Official Cautions on SPACS Growth
This article discusses why the concerns of ESG reporting have increased in the minds of companies amid the pandemic. Source: corporatesecretary.com
IIA Signs MOU With Vietnam's Ministry of Finance
The IIA has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Vietnam Ministry of Finance Accounting and Auditing Supervisory Department for cooperation and collaboration in establishing and advancing the internal audit profession in Vietnam. Source: theiia.org
Six Proactive Steps Accountants Can Take to Get Promoted in 2021
Individuals who are proactive about their professional development and excel at communication and other soft skills have the best chance of promotion in a remote-working environment. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
KNOWLEDGELEADER'S GREATEST HITS!
Accounts Receivable Aging and Collections Process Flow
This process flow outlines the accounts receivable aging and collection process.
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Microsoft Corporation: Leading With What’s Next in Agile Auditing
- Enterprise Risk Management Summary Approach Guide
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- Data Privacy Audit Work Program
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Goodwill – FASB Discusses Identifiable Intangible Assets and Subsequent Accounting for Goodwill
- Leases – FASB Discusses Leases with Variable Lease Payments
- PPP Loans –Publication Discusses Accounting and Disclosure for PPP Loans
- Foreign Exchange Rates – IASB Proposes Amendments on the Effects of Changes in Foreign Exchange Rates
- COVID-19 – IASB Extends Support for Lessees Accounting for Covid-19-Related Rent Concessions
- Universal Proxy – SEC Extends Comment Period for Universal Proxy
- IASB Agenda – IFRS Publishes Third Agenda Consultation for Public Comment
- Real Estate Entities – 2020-2021 Edition of Knowledge-Based Preparation, Compilation, and Review Engagements of Real Estate Entities Published
- Construction Contractors – 2020-2021 Edition of Knowledge-Based Preparation, Compilation, and Review Engagements of Construction Contractors and Related Entities Published
- Government Auditing Standards – GAGAS Performance Audits Discussed
- Yellow Book – GAO Publishes Technical Updates to the 2018 Revision of the Yellow Book