May is International Internal Audit Awareness Month - Take 20% off
Protiviti greatly values our longtime partnership with The IIA, and we encourage all of you to participate in International Internal Audit Awareness Month.
To celebrate, you can take 20% off of renewals and new subscriptions to KnowledgeLeader throughout May.
Terms and Restrictions:
Offer valid on online purchases made before 11:59 PM 06/01/2021. To redeem, online promotion code AUDITAWARE must be entered at checkout and is valid for one-time use only. This offer is not valid on 6-month subscriptions or toward previous purchases. Offer may not be combined with any other discounts, offers or promotions.
Zurich Insurance Company Ltd: The Leading Edge of Internal Audit Transformation
In this profile, Zurich Head of Group Audit Martin Struder summarizes the key drivers of his internal audit team’s transformation success.
External Financial Information Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
This tool focuses on the key objectives for providing external financial information, the outcome measures associated with each objective, and the activity measures that drive each outcome measure.
Data Integrity Risk Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
This tool contains key performance indicators and questions an organization can use to manage its data integrity process.
Self-Assessment Value Proposition Guide
This tool contains three guides that describe the four common elements needed in all self-assessment meetings and explain how they can be combined to create an effective meeting agenda.
Senior Director of Internal Audit Job Description
This job description sample outlines the responsibilities, key selection criteria and general information for the role of the senior director of internal audit.
Internet Usage Policy
This document contains two sample policies that define a company’s guidelines and procedures related to employee use of the internet.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
2021 Offers U.S. Oil and Gas Firms Challenges Laced With Opportunities
Based on the state of the industry at the start of 2021, Protiviti Managing Director Tyler Chase outlines challenges — and opportunities — for oil and gas companies this year and likely well beyond.
Latest Payroll Rescue Aid for Airlines Compounds Compliance Workload
This article unpacks some of the complex requirements facing the airline industry with the passage of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, including their potential impacts.
SPACs Spotlight: Filings Trend Meets Fine Print in Latest SEC Statement
In this article, we examine what was buried in the footnotes of the SEC's latest Division of Corporation Finance statement.
FEATURED PREMIUM CONTENT
Manage Base and Variable Compensation: Equity Compensation Risk and Control Matrix (RCM)
This document outlines risks and controls common to the equity compensation aspect of the ‘‘manage base and variable compensation’’ process.
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Creating a Project Schedule and Budget
In this course, you will learn how to develop the project schedule and cost baselines for your project budget, and use them to monitor and measure performance throughout the project. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credits and by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
AICPA Names Four New Accounting Doctoral Scholars
- Discover the subject areas that will be covered in this course
- Recognize methods for making project cost and time estimates and their appropriate uses
- Recognize proper terminology used when creating a project network diagram
- Identify the steps for creating a project schedule
- Recognize the actions needed determine a project's budget
- Identify common milestones and their purpose to a project
- Recognize how to use project data to assess performance
Four practicing CPAs have been selected as recipients of the AICPA's Accounting Doctoral Scholars program scholarships. Source: aicpa.org
CII Proposes Legislation on Diversity Disclosure and Multi-Class Shares
The Council of Institutional Investors (CII) has called for Congress to pass a law seeking to address board diversity disclosures and unequal stock voting rights via SEC-imposed listing standards. Source: corporatesecretary.com
How the 2021 Busy Season Is Different
Some accounting firms prepared for the 2021 busy season by staffing up and offering more flexible work options for employees dealing with family issues during the pandemic. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
FEATURED TRENDING TOPIC
Internal audit was a big trending search topic over the past week. KnowledgeLeader has published over 700 tools and publications related to internal audit, so dive in and explore all of the resources available to you!
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Risk Assessment Facilitation Guide
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- Project Management Risk Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Data Integrity Risk Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- SEC Rules of Practice – SEC Amends Rules of Practice
- Business Combinations – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Discusses FASB Proposal on Revenue Contracts Acquired in a Business Combination
- Commercial Entities – 2021-2022 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits of Commercial Entities Published
- Governmental Entities – 2021-2022 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits of Governmental Entities Published
- Not-for-Profit Entities – AICPA Publishes New Edition of Not-for-Profit Entities Audit and Accounting Guide
- Not-for-Profit Entities – AICPA Publishes 2021 Edition of Not-for-Profit Entities Industry Developments Risk Alert
- Review Engagements – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Discusses SSAE 22
- GAO Professional Standards – GAO Issues Professional Standards Update No. 80
- GAQC – GAQC Alert No. 426 Published
- GASB Pre-Agenda Research – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Discusses the GASB’s Pre-Agenda Research