May is International Internal Audit Awareness Month - Take 20% off
Protiviti greatly values our longtime partnership with The IIA, and we encourage all of you to participate in International Internal Audit Awareness Month.
To celebrate, you can take 20% off of renewals and new subscriptions to KnowledgeLeader throughout May.
Terms and Restrictions:
Offer valid on online purchases made before 11:59 PM 06/01/2021. To redeem, online promotion code AUDITAWARE must be entered at checkout and is valid for one-time use only. This offer is not valid on 6-month subscriptions or toward previous purchases. Offer may not be combined with any other discounts, offers or promotions.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
Insights from COVID-19 References in CAMs
Audit Analytics analyzes the pandemic’s significant impact on public company reports, including appearing in CAMs communicated in audit opinions.
Self-Assessment Survey Design Guide
This document provides guidance for organizations preparing and designing a self-assessment survey.
Director of IT Project Management Job Description
This sample job description summarizes the responsibilities, key selection criteria and general information for the role of the director of IT project management.
Firewall Administration Policy
The purpose of this document is to establish procedures and requirements to ensure the appropriate protection and continuous operation of a company’s firewall infrastructure.
Virus Protection Policy
This tool contains two sample policies that define best-practice guidelines and procedures for protecting company computers from viruses and managing virus infestation.
Password Security Policy
This tool contains three sample policies that establish a company’s guidelines regarding secure and consistent system passwords.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
Q1 2021 IPOs: Auditor Market Share and Stats
Audit Analytics examines the unprecedented rise in initial public offerings in U.S. markets between January 1, 2021, and March 31, 2021.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLE
SPACs Are Hot But Be Well Prepared — The SEC Is Watching
This article explains how special purpose acquisition company sponsors can mitigate potential liability related to public offerings and subsequent acquisitions.
SF Express: Digital Agile Audits Focus on Stakeholders’ Needs
Michael Lui, chief audit executive at SF Express, describes his team’s use of agile auditing to guide continuous innovation and improvements.
Key Considerations for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Learn how organizations can reconcile the reality of available resources and the desire not to be caught off guard by an unplanned event. Source: isaca.org
Can Accounting Firms Mandate Vaccines?
There are many legal and human resources considerations firms must weigh before crafting a vaccine policy for their staff. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
Getting Back to Growth
Global expansion, a post-pandemic priority for CFOs, is also a means of tapping a cost-effective talent pool. Source: cfo.com
FEATURED PREMIUM CONTENT
Disclosure Procedures: Legal Reserves RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to creating and monitoring legal reserves during the disclosure procedures process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
KLplus CPE INSIGHTS
Developing a Team of Creative Gurus
In this course, you will learn techniques for developing a team of “creative gurus” – team members who excel at generating innovative ideas. You will learn ways to assemble your team, generate creative ideas, overcome barriers to team creativity and foster a creative workplace. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credits and by the end of the course, you will be able to:
Documenting Processes and Internal Controls
- Discover the subject areas that will be covered in this course
- Identify techniques for assembling a team that generates highly creative ideas
- Recognize techniques for generating creative ideas
- Recognize actions for overcoming barriers to team creativity
- Recognize techniques for implementing extreme creativity
- Identify techniques for fostering a creative workplace
This course will give you a fundamental understanding of documenting processes and internal controls, more specifically: Section 404 process documentation requirements, the purpose and benefits of process maps and process narrative, how processes maps are created, and how controls embedded within a process can be documented. The completed course is worth 1 CPE credit and by the end of the course, you will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Identify types of process maps and their benefits
- Identify types of transactions
- Identify the purpose of procedural or process narratives
- Identify elements of a Risk and Control Matrix
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Goodwill Impairment – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Discusses Goodwill Impairment Rules for Private Companies
- A Closer Look – New Edition of A Closer Look Discusses FASB Proposal
- Derivatives and Hedging – New Edition of Interpretation Published
- IFRS Standards – 2020 Edition of Wiley Interpretation and Application of IFRS Standards Published
- IFRS Financial Reporting Trends – Wiley International Financial Reporting Trends Published
- Review Engagements – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Discusses SSAE 22
- Dealerships – 2021 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits, Preparations, Compilations and Reviews of Dealerships (Post-SAS-134 and SSARS-25) Published
- Not-for-Profit Organizations – New Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits of Not-for-Profit Organizations (Post-SAS-134) Published
- Construction Contractors – AICPA FinREC Proposes New Construction Contractor Illustrative Financial Statements
- Comprehensive Financial Reports – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Discusses Annual Comprehensive Financial Reports
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Data Integrity Risk Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- IT General Controls Audit Work Program
- Audit Planning Memo
- IT Vendor Management Audit Work Program