Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance – Examining the Latest Trends
With 2020 in the rearview mirror (thankfully!), we are now into 2021 and moving forward with a new year of compliance. In this webinar, Protiviti and AuditBoard will present relevant data points and insights on today's environment of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
Importance of Internal Controls for Cybersecurity
Audit Analytics examines the increase in cybersecurity breaches disclosed by public companies since 2011.
Encryption Key Policy
This tool contains two sample policies that establish guidelines for use of encryption to secure company information assets and applications.
Access Management Policy
This tool contains two sample policies that define procedures for ensuring that access to all systems and applications is properly approved and monitored.
Intranet Audit Work Program
This work program sample highlights general steps an organization should follow when performing an intranet audit.
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Coordinator Job Description
This job description sample outlines the responsibilities, key selection criteria and general information for the role of the Sarbanes-Oxley coordinator.
Chief Credit Officer Job Description
This job description sample outlines the responsibilities, key selection criteria and general information for the role of the chief credit officer.
President Biden Executive Order to Strengthen U.S. Cybersecurity
Read this Flash Report to understand the executive order's key provisions and what it may mean for your organization in the weeks, months and years ahead.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Excellence Starts at Home: Why CEOs Should Hold Functional Leaders Accountable for Serving Their Internal Customers
Protiviti Associate Director Michael Allenson explains why the internal customer experience (iCX) should be more popular with business leaders and offers advice on implementing an iCX program.
As Tech CFOs Escalate Return-to-Office Strategies, Opportunities to Innovate Abound
Here, we outline what the technology industry is doing to execute a safe and smooth return to the workplace.
PREMIUM TOOL OF THE WEEK
Six Elements of Infrastructure
This tool provides an overview of the six elements of infrastructure that organizations should consider when designing a new process or assessing an existing process.
FEATURED TRENDING TOPIC
Human resources was a big trending search topic over the past week. We've published over 300 tools and publications related to human resources on KnowledgeLeader, so dive in and explore all of the resources available to you!
IIA and Host IIA-Singapore Bring Together Leading Experts for 2021 International Conference
The IIA's International Conference will provide insight and instruction on where the profession is heading, the tools for getting there and how practitioners can take charge of their future amid disruption. Source: theiia.org
Start Integrating ESG By Rethinking the 10K
Growing calls for ESG integration have motivated some U.S.-based companies to rethink their approach. Source: corporatesecretary.com
Potential Pitfalls for a Return to In-Person Work
An ENGAGE 2021 speaker details some of the phrases and approaches organizations should avoid as they plan for a return to more regular in-person work. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
KLplus CPE COURSE SPOTLIGHT
Framing Opportunities for Effective Data-Driven Decision Making
Framing opportunities for effective data-driven decision making involves documenting a specific opportunity and desired business outcome. This helps to ensure that you focus resources on the right analysis, at the right time and with the right approach. In this course, you will learn how to frame a problem by asking the right questions and identifying and testing assumptions. You'll also learn how to create an effective problem statement. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credits and by the end of the course, you will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Discover the subject areas that will be covered in this course
- Identify the steps you take to ensure that your decision making is data driven
- Identify the right questions to ask to narrow down the problem
- Recognize the steps for testing and validating assumptions
- Identify the steps to create an initial problem statement
- Recognize the key activities for refining and finalizing problem statements
- Knowledge Check: Taking Action to Frame Opportunities for Effective Data-Driven Decision Making
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Proxy Voting Advice Rules – SEC Chair Gensler Seeks Review of Proxy Voting Advice Rules
- Proxy Voting Advice Rules – SEC Commissioners Publish Response to SEC Chair Gensler Announced Review of Proxy Voting Advice Rules
- Materiality – SEC Commissioner Discusses Materiality in the Context of ESG Disclosures
- Fair Value Measurement – FASB Discusses Fair Value Measurement
- Preparation, Compilation, and Review Engagements – 2021-2022 Edition of Knowledge-Based Preparation, Compilation, and Review Engagements (Post-SSARS-25) Published
- GASB Implementation Guide – GASB Releases Implementation Guide No. 2021-1
- Accounting Changes and Error Corrections – GASB Releases Exposure Draft on Proposed Improvements for Accounting Changes and Error Corrections
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- Process Alignment Risk Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Privacy Audit Work Program
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Vice President, Internal Audit/Chief Audit Executive Job Description