NEW KLplus CPE COURSE
Apply the Concept of Agile to Deliver Next-Generation Internal Auditing
This module introduces the concept of Agile as it relates to the execution of internal auditing. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credits, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
Enterprise Risk Management Audit Report
- Define Agile
- Differentiate Agile internal auditing from the current internal audit life cycle approach
This document contains two sample audit reports that can be used by auditors to review the enterprise risk management (ERM) function of an organization.
Payroll Review Audit Report
This sample report can be used by auditors to conduct and analyze an organization's payroll process audit.
Disaster Recovery Team Policy
This sample policy provides guidelines and standards an organization can follow when reviewing and improving its disaster recovery plans.
Bank Branch Internal Audit Work Program
This document includes a variety of sample work programs that can be used to audit bank branch processes, including certification of checks, security and night deposits.
VoIP Audit Work Program
This sample audit program provides general steps organizations can use to perform an audit of an organization's voice over IP (VoIP) functionality.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation: Drilling Down on Data
In this profile, Occidental Vice President of Internal Audit Gary Daugherty describes his team’s first steps to becoming a next-generation internal audit function.
Next-Gen Risk Management: How Do Machines Make Decisions?
This article looks at the essential components and risks of artificial intelligence (AI) and outlines key actions organizations can take to enhance risk mitigation during the AI lifecycle.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
Critical Audit Matters in Audit Committee Disclosures
Audit Analytics shares its findings on S&P companies that have disclosed the audit committee’s role in critical audit matters (CAMs) and suggests questions for audit committees to discuss with independent auditors.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Cybersecurity Trends in 2020: What to Expect and How to Prepare
This article outlines the scope of finance firms’ cybersecurity trends in 2020 and provides seven key actions organizations can take that set the tone for making cybersecurity a priority.
Succession Planning in Finance: Sourcing the Next Generation of Leaders
This article explains why today’s finance leaders are compelled to adapt their succession planning approaches and offers guidance on finding and securing the perfect successor.
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSES
Segregation of Duties Principles
Segregation of duties is a critical concept that is important for internal auditors to understand. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credits, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
Testing Control Design and Operating Effectiveness
- Define Segregation of Duties
- Identify the purpose for establishing and monitoring segregation of duties, and
- Identify segregation of duties issues
This basic-level course defines internal controls, how to test control designs and their operating effectiveness, how to identify exceptions and evaluate and report the results. The completed course is worth 1.4 CPE credits, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
DID YOU KNOW?
Change Management Topic
- Identify the definition, characteristics, and types of internal controls
- Identify guidelines for testing control design and operating effectiveness
- Identify method for identifying exceptions
- Identify appropriate actions for the evaluations of test results
- Identify how, when, and to whom test results should be reported
KnowledgeLeader has over 350 tools and publications related to change management in our database, and they are all right at your fingertips. Check out our Change Management Topic Page to explore all of the change management content available to you.
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Checklist – New Edition of Summary of Recent Authoritative IFRS Checklist Published
- VIE Checklist – New Edition of VIE Checklist Published
- Consolidation – New Edition of Consolidation Interpretation Published
- Derivatives and Hedging – New Edition of Derivatives and Hedging Interpretation Published
- Financial Instruments – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Discusses FASB Codification Updates for Financial Instruments and Credit Losses
- Variable Annuity Contracts – SEC Publishes Technical Corrections to Final Rule on Variable Annuity and Variable Life Insurance Contracts
- Preparation, Compilation, and Review Engagements – 2020-2021 Edition of KBA Guide Published
- Commercial Entities – 2020-2021 Edition of KBA of Commercial Entities Published
- Auditor Reporting – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Discusses Auditor Reporting Changes from SAS 139
- Payroll Protection Program – AICPA Issues New TQAs on Accounting for Loans under the PPP
- Cloud Computing – GASB Issues Statement No. 96 on Cloud Computing and Subscription-Based Information Technology Arrangements
- Checklist – New Edition of Summary of Recent GASB Standards Published
- GASB Implementation Guide – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Discusses GASB Implementation Guide
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- Fraud Response Policy
- Data Center Review Audit Work Program
- Enterprise Risk Management Questionnaire
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire