2019 Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Survey
This report describes how several emerging SOX compliance practices are growing and how the cost, hours and control count factors generate the greatest attention.
Incident Management Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This capability maturity model can be used to measure the maturity of an organization’s incident management process and to assist its progress from the initial/ad-hoc state toward the optimized state.
Contract Management Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This capability maturity model can be used to measure the maturity of an organization’s contract management process and to assist its progress from the initial/ad-hoc state toward the optimized state.
UPDATED AUDIT REPORTS
IT Strategy Gap Assessment Report
Strategic alignment between business goals and drivers and IT's goals and initiatives is a critical area for most organizations. This report focuses on the gap assessment results of a company’s IT strategic plan.
Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 Program Executive Scorecard Report
This document serves as an executive report template focused on the progress of a company's Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 program.
Revenue Process Controls Questionnaire
This sample questionnaire includes a list of items to consider when reviewing an organization’s revenue process controls.
SOX Process Walkthrough Questionnaire
The purpose of this template is to provide guidance to business units in the performance of walkthroughs associated with Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance requirements.
There are many practical issues surrounding the possible future use of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) by U.S. public companies or by entities in other countries using a different version of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) not conformed to IFRS. This questionnaire considers these issues and the ramifications of transitioning from country-specific GAAP to IFRS.
Segregation of Duties Questionnaire: Cash Receipts in Significant Accounting Applications
A fundamental element of internal control is the segregation of certain key duties. This questionnaire focuses on the cash receipts process in significant accounting applications.
Is Your Board Future-Ready? Board Perspectives: Risk Oversight, Issue 116
This issue of Board Perspectives: Risk Oversight
provides eight suggestions for preparing to be a future-ready board.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Corporate Social Responsibility: Are Tech Firms Doing Enough?
In this podcast transcript, Protiviti leaders Gordon Tucker, Jim DeLoach and Matt Moore discuss corporate social responsibility and its impact on the future of technology companies.
You’ve Heard of Next-Gen Internal Auditing: Here’s a Look Inside
Here, Protiviti Managing Directors Andrew Struthers-Kennedy and Michael Thor explore the three themes internal audit functions must look across to achieve holistic transformation: governance, methodology and enabling technology.
Leadership Succession Continues to Challenge Consumer Products and Services Companies
In this article, Protiviti Managing Director Rick Childs takes a look at the risk issues affecting the consumer products and services industry, along with the frightening reality of the “retail apocalypse.”
Managed Fixed Assets: Asset Acquisition RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the asset acquisition component of the “managed fixed assets” process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
KNOWLEDGELEADER BLOG POST
Consider Different Approaches When It Comes to Cybersecurity
Cybercrime is now considered a top risk to most enterprises. Find out why you should consider different approaches when it comes to cybersecurity.
@ISACA Newsletter: Volume 12
This edition of ISACA's newsletter focuses on the four V's of big data, new insights for the state of cybersecurity, the evolving role of the CIO, and the ISACA podcast. Source: isaca.org
Four Ways to Protect Your Data From the Dark Web
This article describes the growing risks of password reuse, account takeover, and several ways to protect your online data from the web. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Introduction to Fraud
In today’s environment, professionals like yourselves working on the front lines of companies need to have a heightened skepticism and awareness regarding fraud. All organizations are susceptible to fraud. Would you know how to recognize red flags indicating possible fraud? The completed course is worth 1 CPE credit, and by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Identify the necessary conditions for fraud to occur
- Identify the fraud trends surveyed from the past Global Reports to the Nations published by the ACFE
- Identify different categories of fraud
- Identify ways to prevent and detect fraud
- Identify common indicators or “red flags” of fraud
- Identify key drivers for the assessment of fraud risk
- Identify standards related to internal audit’s proficiency and responsibilities associated with the evaluation of fraud risk
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Credit Losses – FASB Proposes Narrow-Scope Improvements to Credit Losses Standard
- Insurance Contracts – IASB Proposes Amendments to Aid in the Implementation of IFRS 17
- Security-Based Swaps – SEC Adopts Provisions for Security-Based Swap Dealers and Major Security-Based Swap Participants
- Single Audits – AICPA Publishes New Edition of Audit and Accounting Guide
- State and Local Governments – AICPA Publishes New Edition of Audit and Accounting Guide
- Credit Loss Standard – FASB Transition Relief Discussed
- Audit and Internal Controls Summaries
- Auditor Reporting – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Discusses SAS 13
- Government Summaries
- Conduit Debt – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Discusses GASB 91
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Internal Audit Staffing and Audit Plan Report
- Internal Audit Performance Measures Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- AR and Cash Application Process Flow
- Inventory Policy
- Fixed Assets Process Controls Questionnaire