TOP 10 TOOLS — Q2 2021
1. Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
The objective of this questionnaire is to assess a number of COSO elements and the related objectives for entity-level controls.
2. Accounts Payable RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the "accounts payable" process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
3. Audit Planning Memo
This tool provides three sample planning memos, which serve as a report of an internal audit function’s high-level assessment of the company’s audit planning process.
4. Internal Audit Risk Assessment Questionnaire
This tool contains three samples that provide questions organizations can use for assessing and improving their internal audit functions.
5. Internal Audit Department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
This tool includes three sample documents that provide guidance internal audit and management can use to evaluate their performance measurements.
6. Enterprise Risk Management Questionnaire
This questionnaire can be used when analyzing an organization’s enterprise risk management strategy.
7. AR and Cash Application Process Flow
This process flow focuses on the AR and cash application process.
8. Risk Assessment and Internal Audit Plan
This tool contains three sample reports that detail results from an annual risk assessment designed to help organizations measure and improve their internal audit process.
9. Accounts Receivable Aging and Collections Process Flow
This process flow outlines the accounts receivable aging and collection process.
10. Enterprise Risk Management Summary Approach Guide
This tool contains two guides that focus on the infrastructure, foundational concepts and implementation of an organization’s enterprise risk management (ERM) function.
TOP 10 PUBLICATIONS — Q2 2021
1. Executive Perspectives on Top Risks in 2021 and 2030
This report contains results from our ninth annual risk survey of directors and executives worldwide to obtain their views on the extent to which a broad collection of risks is likely to affect their organizations throughout 2021.
2. Microsoft Corporation: Leading With What’s Next in Agile Auditing
In this profile, Williams explains how his team has leveraged agile auditing methodologies and technologies to stay ahead of the curve.
3. Importance of Internal Controls for Cybersecurity
In this article, Audit Analytics examines the increase in cybersecurity breaches disclosed by public companies since 2011.
4. The Top Risks in 2021: A Global Perspective
This issue of Board Perspectives
shares some of the key takeaways from the 2021 Executive Perspectives on Top Risks survey and ranks the top 10 risk themes in order of priority.
5. 2021 IT Audit Benchmarking Survey
Cybersecurity, privacy, data and resilience dominate the top technology challenges for organizations, according to the annual ISACA/Protiviti global survey of IT audit leaders and professionals.
6. Zurich Insurance Company Ltd: The Leading Edge of Internal Audit Transformation
In this profile, Struder summarizes the key drivers of his internal audit team’s transformation success.
7. 2021 Internal Audit Capabilities and Needs Survey
For most internal audit groups, the next-generation audit journey is just beginning. The results of our 2021 Internal Audit Capabilities and Needs Survey reveal relatively low maturity levels in some key areas.
8. Guide to Internal Audit
his booklet is designed to be a resource that internal audit professionals can refer to regularly in their jobs.
9. To Meet Today’s Challenges, CAEs Must Stay Focused on Next-Gen Internal Audit Practices
This article reviews the survey results and explains how CAEs can initiate and maintain next-generation IA capabilities in today’s dynamic environment.
10. 10 ESG Reporting Questions Directors Should Consider
This issue of Board Perspectives: Risk Oversight
poses 10 questions boards should focus on to ensure sustainable and responsible ESG reporting.
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Checklists – New Edition of GAAP Checklists Published
- Checklists – New Edition of SEC Checklists Published
- Industry Checklists – New Edition of Industry Checklists Published
- Financial Instruments – 2022 Edition of Financial Instruments Interpretation Published
- Sustainability Reporting – Study by AICPA, IFAC and CIMA Shows Lack of Standardization in Sustainability Assurance
- FASB Agenda – FASB Publishes Invitation to Comment on its Agenda