Cyber Summer Sale
Our annual cyber summer sale begins July 15th! Receive 20% off all subscriptions and upgrades now through August 16th. Use promo code SMMR19 at checkout.
Internal Auditing Around the World: Volume 15
The digital era continues to bring continuous waves of disruptive change. The new edition of Internal Auditing Around the World
asks how internal audit teams can adopt more agile practices, engage the business earlier in the audit process and become more data and technology enabled to provide effective risk management more efficiently and predictively.
Business Continuity Management Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This capability maturity model can be used to measure the maturity of an organization’s business continuity management process and to assist its progress from the initial/ad-hoc state toward the optimized state.
Annual Internal Audit Plan Report
This sample audit report outlines the approach employed by internal audit to develop an audit plan for core audits and hot spots.
UPDATED AUDIT REPORT
Human Resources Risk Management Assessment Report
This sample audt report can be used to obtain and evaluate the capabilities of existing global human resources risk management techniques using the capability maturity model (CMM).
Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 Committee Guide: Description and Relationships
This guide provides a detailed overview of the Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance steering committee's composition, function and operating style. It also includes the interrelationship between a steering committee and a disclosure committee.
Developing an Effective Code of Conduct Guide
This guide outlines the elements of a successful code of conduct and lists ethical warning signs to watch out for.
Audit Committee Questionnaire: Auditor Effectiveness
This sample questionnaire can be used to help solicit internal audit performance feedback from members of the audit committee.
IT Planning Questionnaire
This sample questionnaire can be used to help organizations brainstorm how they can develop a deeper knowledge of the IT infrastructure and processes to better understand both the current state and desired future state.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
The College Admissions Scandal: Why Every Elite University Should Apply Root Cause Analysis
In this article, Protiviti Managing Director Scott Moritz explains what the recent college admissions scandal means for higher education organizations, whether they were implicated or not.
Identity and Access Management in Financial Services: Staying Ahead of the Curve
Here, Protiviti’s Carol Beaumier and Matthew Kotraba discuss security and privacy trends in financial services and suggest ways organizations can strengthen their identity and access management programs.
Why Auditors Rarely Find Fraud
In this article, Protiviti Director Anthony Hodgkinson describes some of the reasons auditors rarely find fraud and offers suggestions on ways auditors can enhance their role in fraud detection and prevention.
KNOWLEDGELEADER BLOG POST
KnowledgeLeader's Top 10: Q2 2019
This quarter's Top 10 list has variety--we see some classics, some surprises, and a lot of content that should be useful for completing your audit projects throughout 2019 and beyond. Check out the full list and enjoy!
@ISACA Newsletter: Volume 13
This edition of ISACA's newsletter discusses whether an organization can afford proprietary models for third-party assessments. Additional topics include technology shifts in the financial sector and next steps in your cybersecurity career. Source: isaca.org
Virtuous Internal Auditor: Seven Characteristics
This article describes seven internal audit virtues essential to a successful internal audit career. Source: theiia.org
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Introduction to the Internal Audit Profession
This basic-level course explains the general purpose, role, and skills required of an internal auditor. The completed course is worth 1.5 CPE credits, and by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
KNOWLEDGELEADER'S GREATEST HITS
Hotel Audit Work Program
- Identify the roles of the internal auditor
- Identify the phases and corresponding activities of an internal audit review
- Identify ways that information technology (IT) relates to the audit process
- Identify the roles of the audit committee and the relationship with internal audit
- Recall the IIA's definition of internal audit
- Identify requirements and guidance provided by the IIA's Professional Practices Framework
This audit work program provides guidelines for auditing a hotel and can be modified for other hospitality and service operations.
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Goodwill – FASB Seeks Input on Certain Identifiable Intangible Assets and the Subsequent Accounting for Goodwill
- Related Parties – New Editions of Related Party Interpretations Published
- Digital Assets – Joint Staff Statement on Broker-Dealer Custody of Digital Asset Securities Published
- Volker Rule – SEC and Other Agencies Adopt Rule to Exclude Community Banks from the Volcker Rule
- Codification Improvements – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Discusses ASU 2019-04
- Employee Benefit Plans – AICPA Issues New Auditing Standard on Employee Benefit Plans Subject to ERISA
- Other Information – AICPA Issues New Auditing Standard on Other Information
- Public Entities – 2019-2020 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits of Public Entities Published
- Auditing Standards – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Discusses SAS 135
- Critical Audit Matters – PCAOB Publishes Resource for Audit Committees
- Critical Audit Matters – PCAOB Publishes Resource for Investors
- GASB Omnibus – GASB Proposes Omnibus Standard on Accounting and Financial Reporting Issues
- IT Arrangements – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Discusses GASB Proposal
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week: