2021 Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Survey
The 2021 edition of Protiviti's annual SOX report explains some of the changes SOX compliance practices have faced post-pandemic, including cost, hours and controls.
Project Management Charter Template
This sample document provides guidelines for creating an organization's project management charter.
Access Management Policy
This tool contains three sample policies that define procedures for ensuring that access to all systems and applications is properly approved and monitored.
Chart of Accounts Policy
The three sample policies included in this tool establish standards for governing the handling of all of an organization’s financial transactions.
Sarbanes-Oxley Testing Documentation Questionnaire
This tool includes questions to consider when documenting Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing procedures, results and recommendations.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
SEC Enforcement Actions Reveal Continuing Importance of Accurate Disclosures
Audit Analytics examines the recent increase in the amount of enforcement actions citing false and/or misleading statements.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Seven Key Factors to a Successful PMO Transformation
Protiviti’s Joe Breithaupt and James Eick discuss the drivers behind PMO evolution and identify what factors a PMO must consider in order to begin the transformation management office journey.
New Survey Reveals Four Habits of Highly Resilient CFOs
Learn the four habits that CFOs should ingrain into their jobs, based on the top finance challenges and areas of focus revealed in Protiviti’s 2020 Finance Trends Survey.
PREMIUM TOOL OF THE WEEK
Manage Service Contracts: Entering Contracts into the System RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the monitoring of existing contracts aspect of the “manage service contracts” process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
KLplus CPE COURSE SPOTLIGHT
Implementing Continuous Auditing
Continuous auditing is a method used to perform control and risk assessments automatically on a more frequent basis. Learn a methodology for implementing continuous auditing along with critical success factors. The completed course is worth 1.5 CPE credits and by the end of the course, you will be able to:
Group Sets 2023 Deadline for Reporting Framework on Nature-Related Risks
- Define continuous auditing and how it differs from continuous monitoring
- Identify the benefits of continuous auditing and possible pitfalls if not properly implemented
- Identify the steps in implementing continuous auditing: Plan, Acquire & Validate, Test & Report, and Maintain
This article explores the TNFD's 2023 deadline for the creation of a new reporting framework to address risks connected to the natural world. Source: corporatesecretary.com
Duhnke Removed as PCAOB Chair as Transition to New Board Begins
PCAOB Chair William Duhnke III was removed from his position on the board as the SEC named Duane DesParte as acting chair. The SEC announced that it intends to seek candidates to fill all five positions on the PCAOB. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
SBA Reports First 50 Shuttered Venue Operator Grants
The U.S. Small Business Administration reported its first set of grants from the $16.25 billion Shuttered Venue Operator Grants program. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
FEATURED TRENDING TOPIC
Audit planning was a big trending search topic over the past week. We've published over 100 tools and publications related to audit planning on KnowledgeLeader, so dive in and explore all of the resources available to you!
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Compensation Arrangements – New Edition of Accounting for Compensation Arrangements Interpretation Published
- Intangible Assets – FASB Discusses Identifiable Intangible Assets
- Leases – FASB Discusses Leases with Variable Lease Payments
- Agreed-Upon Procedures – AICPA Issues SOP on Agreed-Upon Procedures Related to Rated Exchange Act Asset-Backed Securities Third-Party Due Diligence Services
- Digital Assets – AICPA Publishes Practice Aid on the Accounting for Digital Assets
- GAAS Practice Manual –2022 Edition of GAAS Practice Manual Published
- Governmental GAAP Guide – 2022 Edition of Governmental GAAP Guide Published
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Risk Assessment and Internal Audit Plan
- Enterprise Risk Management Questionnaire
- Accounts Payable RCM
- Internal Audit Risk Assessment Questionnaire