The Future Workplace: Getting It Right
This issue of The Bulletin
suggests four areas that will present important differentiators for success in articulating a compelling future workplace vision.
Segregation of Duties Questionnaire
This tool contains 14 sample questionnaires auditors can use to ensure proper segregation of duties for a variety of processes.
Enterprise Incident Response Policy
This tool contains two sample policies that can be used by auditors to develop a consistent process for responding to and recovering from security incidents.
Preparing for a Dynamic Post-Pandemic Fraud Landscape
The five strategies described in this article can help organizations strengthen their fraud prevention practices and avoid pandemic-related cybercrimes.
CFPB Ready for Heightened Enforcement
How finance firms can prepare for the CFPB’s forthcoming supervisory activities throughout 2021 and beyond.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Program Management as a Service — Transforming the PMO Through a Scalable Service Model
In this article, we illustrate why organizations should use a PMaaS solution to execute and transform all critical areas of their PMO function.
Skills and Scale — The New Finance Labor Model Proves Its Real-World Value
Here, we discuss the results of Protiviti’s 2020 Finance Trends Survey and offer steps CFOs and finance leaders can take to elevate their flexible finance labor models to the next level.
PREMIUM TOOL OF THE WEEK
Select and Manage Suppliers RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the “select and manage suppliers” process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
FEATURED TRENDING TOPIC
COSO was a big trending search topic over the past week. We've published over 50 tools and publications related to COSO on KnowledgeLeader, so dive in and explore all of the resources available to you!
New Study Reveals Lack of Standardization in Sustainability Assurance
As the drive toward a global system for sustainability-related reporting continues, investors, regulators and policymakers are turning their attention to the important role of assurance in promoting high-quality reporting. Source: aicpa.org
Elevate Program Expands to Provide Merit-Based CIA Scholarships
The IIA has announced the expansion of its Elevate Internal Audit Scholarship Program to provide scholarships for internal auditors interested in attaining Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) status. Source: theiia.org
CPAs and the Historic Paycheck Protection Program
It’s a good time to reflect on the CPA profession’s role in making this historic business relief program a success and to consider what comes next, especially in four key areas. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
KLplus CPE COURSE SPOTLIGHT
Internal Control Over Financial Reporting: Understanding Section 404 of Sarbanes-Oxley
This basic-level training provides an overview of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. The course explains the requirements and effective dates, defines internal control over financial reporting, identifies which companies must comply and when they must comply. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credits and by the end of the course, you will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Identify the requirements and key guidelines of Section 404
- Identify the definition and characteristics of internal control over financial reporting
- Identify who should be involved in complying with Section 404
- Identify steps in an approach to complying with Section 404
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Leases – FASB Issues Guidance on Improving Lessor Accounting for Leases with Variable Lease Payments
- Public Entities – June 2021 Supplement to Knowledge-Based AuditsTM of Public Entities Supplemental Tool Package: SIPC Reports for Broker/Dealer AUP Engagements
- Leases – New Edition of Leases Interpretation Published
- Financial Statements – GASB Issues Revised Proposed Concepts Statement for Notes to Financial Statements
- GASB Practice Issues – GASB Releases Omnibus 20XX Proposal on Practice Issues
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Preliminary Controls Self-Assessment Questionnaire
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- System Post-Implementation Audit Work Program
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Firewall Audit Work Program