Cyber Summer Sale
Our annual cyber summer sale is currently in progress! Receive 20% off all subscriptions and upgrades now through August 16th. Use promo code SMMR19 at checkout.
Accenture PLC: Assessing Internal Audit’s Competencies of the Future Today
In this profile, Accenture Internal Audit Services Managing Director Kathy Perrott discusses how she uses advanced technology approaches to build her team and operate more efficiently.
Nonprofit Governance Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This capability maturity model can be used to measure the maturity of an organization’s nonprofit governance management process and to assist its progress from the initial/ad-hoc state toward the optimized state.
UPDATED AUDIT REPORT
Security Policy and Procedures Evaluation Report: Controls and Responsibility
This sample audit report records the results of a security policies and procedures evaluation. The review illustrates security policy issues and leading practices regarding controls and responsibilities and provides a useful format for reporting the results.
Entity-Level Controls Fraud Questionnaire
This sample includes a list of questions to consider while checking an organization’s entity-level controls for fraud.
Integrating Section 404 and Section 302 Compliance Questionnaire
This sample questionnaire can be used by management and board members to incorporate strategies for integrating compliance activities around Sections 404 and 302 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 with the objective of achieving a sustainable internal control structure.
Internal Audit Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire
This sample questionnaire can be used to survey internal audit’s performance on an audit or review.
Control Gap Remediation Methodology Training Guide
This guide provides Sarbanes-Oxley project teams with the steps they need to take to identify control gaps and implement a remediation action plan.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
When Does Insurance Cover Cyberattacks?
In this article, Audit Analytics explores recent trends in cybercrime, including insurance payout pushback and what companies can expect to face in the near future.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Three Risks and Opportunities for Technology, Media and Telecommunications Companies
This article takes a look at three risks that leaders of technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) companies will want to keep in focus throughout 2019 as they remain vigilant about disruptive innovation and change.
SEC Expected to Approve Reg BI in ‘‘the Next Few Months’’ but Final Outcome Remains Uncertain
In this article, Protiviti Managing Director Douglas Wilbert outlines the Securities and Exchanges Commission's standards-of-conduct regulation, commonly known as Regulation Best Interest (Reg BI) and what it means for financial institutions with fiduciary responsibilities.
Overcoming ERP Change Management Challenges: Part Two
Part one of this discussion with Protiviti’s Ronan O’Shea and Kathie Topel introduced some of the biggest challenges companies face in ERP implementation. Here, we drill down a little deeper.
KNOWLEDGELEADER BLOG POST
Making Your Risk Assessments Count: Consider the Distinguishing Characteristics of Risk
Risks have well-known similarities; that is, all risks present a potential impact on organizations, and management does not know if or when they will transpire. There are also important and distinguishing differences among major risk categories that should be considered in a risk assessment. This week's blog post explores how to handle risk assessment.
NIST Risk Management Framework: What You Should Know
In this article, TalaTek President and Founder Baan Alsinawi summarizes the second revision of NIST's Risk Management Framework, published in late December 2018. Source: isaca.org
When Culture Is the Culprit: Lessons From Toshiba, Hertz and FIFA
This article discusses corporate culture as the leading issue for companies, based on lessons from three disparate organizations: Toshiba, Hertz and FIFA. Source: theiia.org
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Validating Operational Effectiveness (Testing of Controls)
This basic-level course provides an overview of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements for validating operational effectiveness. The course covers control levels, types and ownership, as well as the scope of testing and the need to establish key assumptions. The completed course is worth 1 CPE credit, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
DID YOU KNOW?
- Distinguish between different types of controls
- Identify requirements for testing controls for SOX
- Identify analysis steps necessary to form conclusions from testing
- Identify considerations for defining testing scopes
KnowledgeLeader has over 50 pieces of content focused on Risk & Control Matrices (RCM). So, what are you waiting for? Come explore our publications and tools!
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- FASB Codification Update – FASB Updates Various Codification SEC Sections
- Checklist – New Edition of Summary Checklist of Authoritative Accounting Standards Published
- Financial Instruments – FASB Proposes Clarification to the Interaction between the Recognition and Measurement of Financial Instruments and the Accounting for Equity Method Investments
- Leases – New Edition of Lease Interpretation Published
- Goodwill and Intangibles – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Discusses ASU 2019-06
- Accounting Policy Disclosures – IASB Proposes Improvements to Accounting Policy Disclosures
- Auditor Reporting – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Discusses SAS 134
- International Audits – 2019-2020 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits Published
- Auditing Standards Board – July 22-25, 2019 Meeting Minutes Published
- Public-Private Partnerships – New Edition of Governmental Discusses GASB Proposal
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Human Resources Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
- Internal Audit Performance Measures Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- AR and Cash Application Process Flow
- Record Retention Process Review Audit Report
- Inventory Policy