Establishing a Process-Based Self-Assessment Process Questionnaire
This tool highlights questions to consider for implementing and reviewing a process-based self-assessment program within an organization.
SWOT Analysis Questionnaire
This tool contains two sample documents that provide questions organizations should consider when analyzing their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Internal Audit Re-Engineering Questionnaire
This tool outlines questions internal auditors should ask when evaluating the organization's compliance with SOX regulatory requirements and includes a re-engineered IA process.
Spreadsheet Risk Optimization Questionnaire
This questionnaire outlines the process to identify who manages critical spreadsheets within an organization and identify their use.
Travel and Expense Reporting Audit Work Program
This tool contains two sample work programs that provide general steps organizations can use for performing a travel and expense (T&E) audit.
Commissions Audit Work Program
The objective of these three sample work programs is to comprehend and assess the steps involved in the processing of sales commissions and to ensure that commissions’ policies and agreements are documented.
Delta Air Lines: Process First, Tools Second
In this profile, Brandi Thomas, vice president of corporate audit at Delta Air Lines, outlines how her team has added value to Delta operations through innovative risk management and collaborative solutions.
Is Your Board Digitally Savvy?
This issue of Board Perspectives
focuses on why boards should possess the digital savviness needed to support the CEO’s efforts to continuously improve.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Agile Internal Audit: How to Audit at the Speed of Risk
This article describes the core components and supporting elements of an Agile audit, as well as some of the risks and challenges associated with Agile and how to address them.
The Federal Reserve Steps in to Help Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
This article outlines how the Federal Reserve assisted small and medium-sized businesses by making the paycheck protection loan program (PPP) more palatable and by introducing and expanding loan programs.
Leveraging AI to Provide Better IT Service Management Using COBIT
This article shares key focal point areas organizations should consider for enhancing IT service management, which were fine-tuned through use of COBIT 2019. Source: isaca.org
Remote Work After the Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic forced many businesses to rapidly ramp up their reliance on remote work, and many employees will continue to work from home even after offices reopen. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
Strategies for Addressing Pandemic-Related Audit Risks
Audit risk assessments and sampling procedures may need to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
FEATURED PREMIUM CONTENT
Manage and Administer Benefits: Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the ‘‘manage healthcare reimbursements accounts process’’ in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Becoming a Successful Collaborator
In this course, you'll learn about the meaning of collaboration, the concept of teaming in collaboration, and best practices for being a good team member and for being a successful collaborator. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credits, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Apply techniques to be a successful collaborator
- Identify characteristics of collaboration
- Recognize characteristics that help you be a better collaborator
- Recognize characteristics of good team members
- Identify the characteristics of teaming
- Recognize the different work styles of collaborators
- Knowledge Check: Becoming a Successful Collaborator
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Revenue Recognition – FASB Discusses Practical Expedient for Private Company Franchisors
- Proxy Voting Advice Rules – SEC Adopts Rule Amendments to Proxy Voting Advice Information Rules
- Proxy Voting Advice Rules – SEC Provides New Guidance on Amendments to Proxy Voting Advice Information Rules
- Leases – New Edition of Accounting for Leases Interpretation Published
- Software Development – New Edition of Interpretation on Software Development Costs and Cloud Computing Arrangements Published
- Broker-Dealers – SEC Adopts Rule on the Orderly Liquidation of Covered Broker-Dealers under Title II of the Dodd-Frank Act
- Accelerated Filer Definition – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Discusses SEC Changes to the Accelerated Filer Definition
- SEC Enforcement – SEC Commissioner Peirce Discusses Views on Recent SEC Enforcement Case
- Checklist – New Edition of IFRS Checklist Published
- Auditor Reporting – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Discusses SAS 139
- Public Entities – 2020-2021 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits of Public Entities Published
- Checklist – New Edition of AICPA Professional Standards Checklist Published
- Financial Reporting Model – GASB Issues Exposure Draft on Financial Reporting Model Improvements
- Leases – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Discusses GASB Extension of Lease Model
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Audit Planning Memo
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Internal Audit Manager Job Description
- IT Continuity Review Audit Work Program
- Corporate Treasury Review Audit Report