FASB Proposes Delays to Effective Dates for Four Major Accounting Standards
This Flash Report outlines what organizations can expect in the FASB’s upcoming delay proposal drafts and explains the actions that should be taken immediately.
Revenue Process Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This capability maturity model can be used to measure the maturity of an organization’s revenue process and to assist its progress from the initial/ad-hoc state toward the optimized state.
Manual Journal Entry Review Policy
This sample policy outlines a review of manual journal entries within an organization to mitigate possible risks.
Sales Compensation Leading Practices
Sales compensation focuses on a sales representative’s individual goals and performance. This tool features several leading practices to assist with measuring and improving an organization’s sales compensation process.
UPDATED AUDIT REPORT
Warranty/Field Services Review Audit Report: Sample 2
This sample audit report focuses on the warranty/field services process and highlights activities related to billing, customer inquiries and contract negotiation.
IT General Controls Questionnaire
This sample questionnaire provides several COBIT areas and related control objectives for each IT general control.
Global Privacy Analysis Application Questionnaire: System Information Garnering
This sample questionnaire will help determine whether new technologies, information systems and initiatives, or proposed programs and policies meet basic privacy requirements.
IT Risks and Controls SOX Compliance Questionnaire
This sample questionnaire can be used by management and board members to help determine where controls over information technology (IT) fit into the picture, why IT is so important, and why management and executives should care.
Audit Rating Guide
This guide can be used for auditing remote access activities and assists in identifying opportunities to further enhance and improve areas such as internal controls, operations and accounting.
Control Self-Assessment Program Overview Training Guide
This guide is designed to assist control owners, process owners and internal audit with implementing and executing a self-assessment process focused on IT controls.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
How Emerging Technology Companies Can Win the War for Talent
This article discusses ways to retain top talent within an organization and provides incentives to maximize an employee’s performance.
Following Through on the Audit Committee Agenda for 2019: Financial Reporting
This article looks back at the implementation of revenue recognition, assesses how things are going with the adoption of the new lease accounting standard, and looks forward toward preparations for engagement with external auditors on the identification of ‘‘critical audit matters.’’
Cyber Summer Sale
Our annual cyber summer sale is currently in progress! Receive 20% off all subscriptions and upgrades now through August 16th. Use promo code SMMR19 at checkout.
KNOWLEDGELEADER BLOG POST
An Operational Perspective to Risk Assessment
Operational assessment is often directed to assessing performance against quality, time, innovation and cost targets to identify gaps in process performance. This week's blog post explores how to handle the operational perspective of a risk assessment.
Internal Audit Must Monitor Ethics in the Corner Office, Too
This article features results from the PwC's Annual Strategy and CEO Success Study and highlights ethical values internal auditors should maintain. Source: theiia.org
@ISACA Newsletter: Volume 15
This edition of ISACA's newsletter covers tips for prioritizing risk in your risk register and outlines five steps for effective IT risk management auditing. Source: isaca.org
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Leading Your Team Through Change
In this course, you'll learn about types of resistance and obstacles to change and how to overcome them. You'll also learn about how to overcome barriers to introducing change at your organization. Finally, you'll learn effective approaches for communicating change. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credit, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
KNOWLEDGELEADER'S GREATEST HITS!
Audit Planning Memo
- Match sources of employee resistance to change to examples
- Match types of change resistance to actions for dealing with them
- Recognize various change obstacles in an organization
- Identify tactics for overcoming obstacles to change
- Match information-based roots of inertia with examples of how to overcome them
- Identify examples of ways to overcome action-related employee inertia
- Recognize appropriate ways to communicate change
- Recognize tactics for effectively leading change in your organization
The purposes of the audit plan are, first, to contribute to the effectiveness of the audit and, second, to contribute to the audit efficiency. This memorandum should be completed and approved as part of the initial audit planning process.
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Regulation S-K – SEC Proposes to Modernize Disclosures Under Regulation S-K
- Codification Improvements – FASB Discusses Codification Improvements for Share-Based Consideration Payable to Customers
- Segment Reporting – FASB Discusses Segment Reporting and Other Matters
- IFRS for SMEs – IFRS Draft Q&A on the IFRS for SMEs Standard Published for Public Comment
- Construction Contractors – 2019-2020 Edition of Knowledge-Based Preparation, Compilation, and Review Engagements of Construction Contractors and Related Entities Published
- Financial Institutions – 2019-2020 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits Published
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Entity-Level Controls Fraud Questionnaire
- Internal Audit Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire
- Internal Audit Performance Measures Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Accenture PLC: Assessing Internal Audit’s Competencies of the Future Today
- Inventory Policy