AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
Initial Public Offerings: Recent Trends in Corporate Governance Risks
Audit Analytics takes a deeper look at the risks that initial public offerings pose to investors, regulators and other financial statement users.
Corporate Audit Department Charter
We have added a brand-new fifth sample to this tool, which contains several sample charters that outline the mission statement, objectives, responsibilities and services of a company's corporate audit department.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Request for Proposal: Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 Implementation
This request for proposal (RFP) sample can be used by organizations seeking a qualified service provider to implement a Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance function.
Application Audit Work Program
This tool includes three audit program samples that can be used by organizations to evaluate and improve business unit application controls.
Leveling the Playing Field for Third-Party Risk Management Requirements
In this Flash Report, we summarize the opportunities and key takeaways around third-party risk management lifecycle considerations, data and infrastructure, and program governance that banks can act upon now.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
SEC Adopts Final Rule to Modernize MD&A and Related Financial Disclosures
In this article, we discuss the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s final rule to modernize, simplify and enhance certain financial disclosure requirements.
Regulators Increase Focus on Virtual Currencies as Institutional Interest Grows
Protiviti’s Tom Crock highlights guidance on cryptocurrency services and explains how finance firms should address new forms of virtual currency.
PREMIUM TOOL OF THE WEEK
Enterprise Risk Management Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This capability maturity model can be used to measure the maturity of an organization’s enterprise risk management process and to assist its progress from the initial/ad-hoc state toward the optimized state.
KLplus CPE COURSE SPOTLIGHT
Introduction to Information Technology (IT) Audit
Information technology (IT) in today's business environment has a direct impact on a company's risk, and this relationship to risk should be an important driver in the internal audit process. IT performs or provides the information needed for many key controls in the business process, but it also brings inherent vulnerabilities. The completed course is worth 1 CPE credit and by the end of the course, you will be able to:
IIA Launches IT General Controls Certificate
- Identify characteristics of the IT environment
- Identify the most common IT risks
- Distinguish general IT controls from application controls
- Identify the components of the COBIT framework
- Identify characteristics of an integrated IT/process audit
The IIA launched an IT General Controls Certificate Program to help internal auditors better understand the relationship between technology and business and gain greater proficiency over IT programs, controls, compliance and policies. Source: theiia.org
Sustainable Investments Hit 35.9 Percent of All Assets, Study Finds
Sustainable investments have grown to represent more than a third of all assets globally, according to research from the Global Sustainable Investment Alliance (GSIA). Source: corporatesecretary.com
Your Business Survived the Pandemic – Now What?
Here are a few ways to strengthen your business while also preparing for any future slowdowns. Source: cfo.com
FEATURED TRENDING TOPIC
Human resources was a big trending search topic over the past week. We've published over 300 tools and publications related to human resources on KnowledgeLeader, so dive in and explore all of the resources available to you!
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Depository and Lending Institutions – FASB Issues ASU No. 2021-06
- Checklist – New Edition of Summary Checklist of Authoritative U.S. Accounting Standards Published
- Software Development Costs – New Edition of Accounting for Software Development Costs and Cloud Computing Arrangements Interpretation Published
- Revenue Recognition – 2022 Edition of Revenue Recognition Guide Published
- Financial Assets and Liabilities – New Edition of Financial Assets and Liabilities Published
- Security-Based Swap Dealers – SEC Publishes Correction to Final Rule on Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements
- Financial Markets – SEC Commissioner Peirce Discusses Financial Markets
- Financial Statement Presentation – New Edition of GAAP Update Discusses IFRS Proposal
- Share-Based Awards – FASB Endorses PCC Consensus
- COVID-19 – AICPA Issues New TQA on Accounting for Certain Grants Received under COVID-19 Programs
- Use of Specialists – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Discusses SAS 144
- Leases – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Discusses Implementation of GASB 87
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Purchase-to-Payment Review Audit Report
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- Business Continuity Management Leading Practices
- Accounts Payable RCM
- Anti-Money Laundering Capability Maturity Model (CMM)