2020 Internal Audit Capabilities and Needs Survey
This report contains results from Protiviti’s latest Internal Audit Capabilities and Needs survey of chief audit executives and internal audit leaders to obtain their views on difficult but necessary transformation.
IT Asset Management Audit Report
This sample audit report can be used to improve and better understand an organization's IT asset management (ITAM) process.
IT and Business Risk Alignment Guide
This tool can be used as a guide for understanding and assessing an organization’s IT and business risk alignment process.
Active Directory Audit Work Program
This tool contains eight sample audit programs that provide general steps to use during an organization’s active directory (AD) process.
Network Infrastructure Audit Work Program
This document contains two sample work programs that can be used by organizations for conducting an IT network infrastructure audit.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
COVID-19 Impacts on Accounting, Reporting and Internal Controls
This article discusses key accounting and audit impacts and practices finance leaders should consider as they respond to COVID-19 and its consequences.
Working Together: Bank Regulators Encourage Flexibility and Offer the Same During COVID-19 Pandemic
This article explains what a joint statement recently issued by the regulatory agencies means for financial institutions, including guidance and relief in response to COVID-19.
Moving Finance to the Cloud: What Finance Leaders Need to Know
This article summarizes the importance of cloud migration and provides insight finance leaders need to execute their migration plans successfully.
Yes, That Information Is at Risk: Pressure Rising for Oil and Gas Companies to Protect Data
This article outlines the scope of data protection in oil and gas companies and provides steps industry leaders can use to create a sustainable data protection program.
Initial Pandemic Responses Didn't Leverage Internal Audit
In this article, Richard Chambers outlines his view of internal audit’s role in organizations’ response since the World Health Organization declared the COVID-19 pandemic. Source: theiia.org
Improve Your Remote Hiring Process During COVID-19
Hiring managers and other experts offer tips on creating successful remote hiring processes, from composing the job posting to choosing the technology to use. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
Auditors Can Play Key Role in ESG Information Assurance
The coronavirus pandemic has accelerated the focus on ESG information, as investors are increasingly seeking information on employee health and work environments. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
Documentary Puts a Human Face on Internal Auditing, Accounting
In this article, Richard Chambers shares his top five inspirational messages from a new documentary, "Roadtrip Nation," produced in collaboration with the Center for Audit Quality (CAQ). Source: theiia.org
FEATURED PREMIUM CONTENT
Nonprofit Governance Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This capability maturity model can be used to measure the maturity of an organization's nonprofit governance management process and to assist its progress from the initial/ad-hoc state toward the optimized state.
Manage Billing/Account Adjustments RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the manage billing/account adjustments process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Data and Analytics Technologies at Work
This course covers the most common technologies in use today for delivering data and analytics, as well as the main options in technology selection and architecture. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credits, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Discover the subject areas that will be covered in this course
- Distinguish between the three common types of databases used in business information and analytics
- Recognize common types of analytics software technologies
- Recognize the benefits of using data visualization technology effectively
- Recognize the key trends in analytics technology
- Knowledge Check: Understanding Data Analytics Technologies
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- A Closer Look – New Edition of A Closer Look Reviews COVID-19 Disclosures
- Share-Option Awards – FASB Seeks Comment on a Proposal on Determining Current Price of an underlying Share for Equity-Classified Share-Option Awards
- National Market System – SEC Adopts Requirements to Ensure Public Notice, Comment, and Approval Prior to Effectiveness of NMS Plan Fees
- Circular A-133 – OMB Issues 2020 Compliance Supplement to Circular A-133
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Critical Business Processes Audit Report
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- Social Engineering Audit Work Program
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Banking Operations Department Audit Work Program