Manage Service Contracts: Entering Contracts into the System RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the monitoring of existing contracts aspect of the “manage service contracts” process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
Compliance Overview Questionnaire: Drug-Free Workplace Act
This sample questionnaire provides an overview, key risks, expected key controls and questions to consider when reviewing an organization’s compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Staffing and Professional Services Risk Model
This staffing and professional services risk model focuses on risks that are inherent to the organization from the environment, process and information perspectives.
UPDATED AUDIT REPORT
Internal Audit Risk Assessment Audit Committee Report
This sample audit report summarizes internal audit risk assessment results to be presented to the audit committee.
PMO Interim Status Reporting Guide
This guide outlines the interim status reporting process set up by a project management office (PMO).
Enterprise Risk Management Education and Awareness Guide
This document is a sample presentation that focuses on the infrastructure, foundational concepts and implementation of an organization’s enterprise risk management (ERM) function. It serves as a guide that can be used to develop or report on a similar function in any organization.
PreView: Protiviti's View on Emerging Risks, July 2019
In this issue of PreView, we address selected cloud-related risks, such as vendor lock-in, legal holds and cloud vendor concentration.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
Frequency of KAMs
In this article, Audit Analytics examines key audit matter disclosures from the audit opinions of approximately 1,400 companies listed on European Stock Exchanges, focusing on select large-, mid- and small-cap indexes for 2017 and 2018.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Programs, Policies, Principles and People Can Move ‘‘Ethical AI’’ From a Nebulous Concept to a Meaningful Practice
This article describes four key areas organizations should consider for the ethical development and use of AI.
Who Is Watching the Bots? Part Two: Operational Challenges and Solutions
Part two of our RPA discussion addresses several operational challenges related to security, change management and business continuity that an organization may encounter when implementing RPA.
No Stone Unturned: Key Considerations for Finalizing CECL Model Implementation and Validation
This article answers questions related to the implementation of the new CECL standard and helps organizations become better-equipped to comply with CECL guidance.
KNOWLEDGELEADER BLOG POST
Social Media Risk: What it Means to Your Risk Profile
The convergence of all social media technologies is forever altering the dynamics of customer relationship management, marketing and corporate communications for many businesses. This week's blog post explores how social media is impacting your risk profile.
Achieving Digital Business Transformation Using COBIT 2019
This article focuses on a variety of digital business transformation topics, including pain points and trigger events, drivers and enablers, and utilizing COBIT 2019 to plan a successful strategy. Source: isaca.org
Should Internal Auditors Worry About Digital Spies in Our Midst?
In this article, Richard Chambers explains his concern about the impact that data-driven technology such as Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant will have on billions of people's privacy, data protection and risk. Source: theiia.org
KNOWLEDGELEADER'S GREATEST HITS!
AR Aging and Collections Process Flow
Accounts receivable (AR) aging report lists unpaid customer invoices; a primary tool used by collections staff to determine which invoices are overdue for payment. The AR collection process is used to evaluate how long customers take to pay their invoice. This process flow outlines the AR aging and collection process.
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Overview of the COSO Internal Control - Integrated Framework
This is a basic-level course that explains the history of the COSO framework, the COSO objectives and components, and how the framework is applied at the entity, process and activity levels. The completed course is worth 1.4 CPE credits, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Identify the purpose and origin of COSO
- Identify the objectives and components of the Internal - Control - Integrated Framework
- Identify how the COSO framework is applied at both the entity and activity levels
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- AutoCheck Checklist – New Edition of AutoCheck IFRS Financial Disclosures Checklist Published
- Financial Assets and Liabilities – New Edition of Interpretation Published
- Fair Value Accounting – New Edition of Interpretation Published
- Disclosure Improvements – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Discusses FASB Proposal
- Hedging – FASB Discusses Hedging and Other Matters
- SEC Fee Advisory – SEC Announces Fee Rate Advisory No. 1 for Fiscal Year 2020
- Accounting Estimates – AICPA Proposes New SAS on Auditing Accounting Estimates
- Auditor Reporting – AICPA Issues Exposure Draft of Amendments to Incorporate Recent Auditor Reporting Changes
- Materiality – AICPA Issues Discussion Paper on Materiality Considerations for Attestation Engagements
- Checklist – New Edition of Summary Checklist of Recent Authoritative AICPA Professional Standards Published
- SAS 134 – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Discusses SAS 134
- AICPA Accounting and Valuation Guide – AICPA Publishes New Edition on Valuation of Portfolio Company Investments of Venture Capital and Private Equity Funds
- Construction Contractors – AICPA Publishes New Edition of Audit and Accounting Guide
- Fiduciary Activities – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Discusses GASB 84
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Enterprise Risk Management Project Plan Guide
- Access Controls Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
- Inventory Policy
- Close-the-Books Diagnostic Audit Report
- Internal Audit Performance Measures Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)