A Guide to Business Continuity Management – Top 15 Frequently Asked Questions (July 2020)
Organizations have many questions about business continuity management (BCM), and in response, Protiviti has developed this FAQ guide to help them build and maintain sustainable BCM programs.
Media Spend Review Audit Report
This audit report template can be used by auditors conducting a review of an organization’s media spend.
Audit Committee Charter
This document contains nine samples that provide guidelines and standards for creating an audit committee charter.
System Implementation Process Questionnaire
This tool contains questions organizations should consider and review whenever implementing new systems or major upgrades.
Disclosure Committee Performance Questionnaire
Use the questions included in this questionnaire to perform an annual assessment of the disclosure committee’s performance against its charter.
Payroll/Human Resources Audit Work Program
This tool contains two sample work programs that outline general steps organizations can use for managing and reviewing their payroll processing and human resources function.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
Mandatory Audit Firm Rotation in the FTSE 350
Audit Analytics examines 34 FTSE 350 companies that are required to rotate audit firms or conduct a tender process by 2023.
Getting There Eventually: Finding Equilibrium in Uncertain Times – Resilience is the North Star Podcast
In this podcast, Protiviti Managing Directors Dolores Atallo and Jim DeLoach discuss key points from Part 2 of a two-part discussion Protiviti recently published on finding equilibrium in uncertain times.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLE
Hackathon to Save Small Business
Learn what was discussed during an Alliance for Innovative Regulation (AIR) hackathon to save small business that Protiviti participated in earlier this year.
Six Recommendations for Audit Committees Operating in the "New Normal"
This article shares six recommendations designed to optimize audit committees’ crucial role in governance, oversight and long-term value creation in response to COVID-19. Source: theiia.org
Six New Business Realities in the Pandemic Era
Leaders are being called on to alter their focus amid the upheaval of the COVID-19 pandemic. An executive coach shares ways to get started. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
How Boards Can Look Beyond COVID-19
This article suggests ways board and executive members can balance their near-term needs and long-term goals amid the global pandemic. Source: corporatesecretary.com
FEATURED PREMIUM CONTENT
Business Continuity Management Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This capability maturity model can be used to measure the maturity of an organization’s business continuity management process and to assist its progress from the initial/ad-hoc state toward the optimized state.
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Data Literacy for Business Professionals
This course covers fundamental concepts in data management, data quality, data privacy and protection, and data governance. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credits, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Discover the subject areas that will be covered in this course
- Distinguish between structured and unstructured data
- Sequence the stages of the data life cycle
- Identify the key attributes of data quality
- Recognize best practices for effectively protecting data
- Recognize key attributes of effective data governance
- Knowledge Check: Gaining Data Literacy
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Accredited Investor – SEC Modernizes the Accredited Investor Definition
- Regulation S-K – SEC Adopts Rule Amendments to Modernize Disclosures of Business, Legal Proceedings and Risk Factors Under Regulation S-K
- PCAOB Inspection Program – PCAOB Publishes 2019 Annual Report on Interim Inspection Program Related to Audits of Brokers and Dealers
- MD&A – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Discusses SEC Proposal
- FASB Codification – FASB Considers FASB Codification Improvements
- Financial Instruments – 2021 Edition of Interpretation Published
- COVID-19 – AICPA Issues FAQs on COVID-19 and Related Issues Important to Health Care Industry
- Audit Evidence – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Discusses SAS 142
- Construction Contractors – New Edition of AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Published
- Single Audits – New Edition of AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Published
- State and Local Governments – New Edition of AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Published
- Life and Health Insurance Entities – AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Re-Released
- GASB Standards – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Discusses GASB 97
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- IT Asset Management Audit Report
- Active Directory Audit Work Program
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- Inventory Policy
- IT and Business Risk Alignment Guide