Participate in ISACA and Protiviti’s Benchmarking Survey: Top Technology Risks in 2021
Protiviti has partnered with ISACA® on the benchmarking survey IT Audit Perspectives: Top Technology Risk in 2021. The results will be published in Q4 2020 of this year and will help auditors gain valuable and important insight into the technology risks most likely to impact 2021 audit plans across geographies, industries and company sizes.
NEW UNIVERSITY PROJECT
Creating, Maintaining, Analyzing and Visualizing Database: Abstract and Guide Templates
The objective of this project is to introduce students to powerful data visualization software and challenge them to create convincing visualizations while learning a new program.
Disaster Recovery Audit Work Program
This tool contains three sample work programs that provide general steps organizations can use for performing a disaster recovery audit.
Travel Review Audit Work Program
This sample audit program provides general steps to use during an organization’s travel review process.
Payroll Data Analytics Audit Report
This sample audit report can be used by auditors reviewing and validating an organization’s payroll and procurement data.
Internal Audit Skills Questionnaire
This sample questionnaire measures an organization’s CPE program and co-sourcing arrangements with respect to the skills and knowledge of the internal audit function.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Pre-IPO Companies – Put Your Vendors’ SOC Reports on Your 2020 Reading List
This article underlines the importance of SOC reporting and how it can better prepare private companies for a successful public transition in the future.
The Future of Privacy Regulations: Coping With a Complex and Evolving Landscape
This article explains what companies can expect from privacy regulations and how to go about creating a data privacy program that will withstand the test of time.
Further Measures From the Bank of England to Support LIBOR Transition
This article outlines the Bank of England’s continuous efforts to “turbo-charge sterling LIBOR transition,” including two additional measures.
New IIA Three Lines Model Offers Timely Evolution of a Trusted Tool
Richard Chambers outlines six notable changes from the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) new Three Lines of Defense model. Source: theiia.org
Finance Pros Adjust to Digital Reality and COVID
Financial professionals have needed to burnish their technology skills during the novel coronavirus pandemic as they work remotely with their colleagues and clients. Source: accountingtoday.com
COVID-19: The Initial Impact on Internal Audit Worldwide
This article highlights the survey results from internal auditors around the world on how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted budgets, staffing and planning. Source: theiia.org
What Is the Difference Between Requirements and Controls?
This article addresses the great deal of confusion around the topic of requirements vs. controls at an organizational level. Source: isaca.org
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Developing a Team of Creative Gurus
In this course, you will learn ways to assemble your team, generate creative ideas, overcome barriers to team creativity and foster a creative workplace. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credits, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
KNOWLEDGELEADER'S GREATEST HITS
Financial Due Diligence Report
- Discover the subject areas that will be covered in this course
- Identify techniques for assembling a team that generates highly creative ideas
- Recognize techniques for generating creative ideas
- Recognize actions for overcoming barriers to team creativity
- Recognize techniques for implementing extreme creativity
- Identify techniques for fostering a creative workplace
- Knowledge Check: Fostering a Creative Team
This sample report presents findings from a financial due diligence analysis of a company being acquired.
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Crowdfunding – SEC Extends Crowdfunding Relief
- Liability vs. Equity – FASB Discusses Distinguishing Liabilities from Equity
- Pre-Production Costs – New Edition of Interpretation on the Accounting for Pre-Production Costs Related to Long-Term Supply Arrangements Published
- Pre-Payments and Deferred Costs – New Edition of Interpretation on Prepayments, Deferred Costs and Other Assets Published
- Impairments of Long-Lived Assets – New Edition of Interpretation on Impairments of Long-Lived Assets Published
- Construction Contractors – 2020-2021 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits of Construction Contractors and Related Entities Published
- Financial Institutions – 2020-2021 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits of Financial Institutions Published
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- Procurement Card Audit Work Program
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Monitoring Entity-Level Controls Audit Work Program
- Payroll/Human Resources Audit Work Program