Unum Group: Pivoting to Respond to Change While Positioning for the Future
In this profile, Unum Senior Vice President of Internal Audit Miles Archer explains how his team has navigated pandemic-related disruption.
Enterprise Risk Management Guide: Identifying and Understanding Risks
In this tool, we’ve included a guide that provides leading practices related to improving an organization’s enterprise risk management program.
Capital Expenditure and Fixed Asset Process Questionnaire
This tool contains questions that can be used by auditors to evaluate an organization’s capital expenditures and fixed asset process.
Account Reconciliation Policy
This tool contains multiple sample policies that establish procedures and guidelines organizations can use during their account reconciliation process.
RISK AND CONTROL MATRIX (RCM)
Manage Security and Privacy: Manage Security Configurations RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to managing security configurations during the security and privacy management process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
Pricing Risk Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
This document includes leading practices and questions an organization should consider when developing its pricing strategies.
Financial Instrument Risk Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
This tool contains business risks and questions organizations should address when handling their financial instruments.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Attention, CFOs: Your Most Important Asset Is Not on Your Balance Sheet
Here, we focus on customer relationship values and provide core benefits a company can achieve by focusing on its customer asset.
COVID-19 Vaccine — Is Your Organization Prepared to Meet Compliance Requirements?
In this article, we include a checklist of key vaccine requirements organizations can use to ensure that their policies and procedures are up to date.How to Retain Staff Amid Surging Turnover
PREMIUM TOOL OF THE WEEK
Process Accounts Receivable and Collections RCM
This document outlines the risks and controls common to the accounts receivables and collections process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
Updated Single Audit Guidance Provided by OMB in 2021 Compliance Supplement
Some requirements for single audits were clarified with the issuance of the 2021 Compliance Supplement by the Office of Management and Budget. Some questions remain, though, and OMB is expected to issue two addenda with additional guidance. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
“Don’t Think About ESG Simply as a Reporting Exercise,” Says Former SSGA Asset Stewardship Head
Matt DiGuiseppe joined Diligent earlier this year to lead its ESG Center of Excellence, having previously been head of Americas asset stewardship with State Street Global Advisors (SSGA). Source: corporatesecretary.com
How to Retain Staff Amid Surging Turnover
Experts theorize that the COVID-19 pandemic may have led to increased burnout and that employees who stayed in their jobs in 2020 now feel more comfortable leaving. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
KLplus CPE COURSE SPOTLIGHT
Outwitting Your Cognitive Bias
In order to make the best business decisions, you need to confront – and overcome – your cognitive biases. In this course, you will learn techniques for identifying cognitive bias, as well as strategies for overcoming specific biases. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credits and by the end of the course, you will be able to:
FEATURED TRENDING TOPIC
Inventory & Materials Management
- Discover the subject areas that will be covered in this course
- Identify the causes of cognitive bias
- Recognize the characteristics of three types of cognitive bias
- Identify strategies for avoiding prediction bias
- Recognize the strategies for avoiding decision bias
- Identify the strategies for avoiding action bias
- Knowledge Check: Understanding Cognitive Bias
Inventory and materials management was a big trending search topic over the past week. We've published over 100 tools and publications related to inventory and materials management on KnowledgeLeader, so dive in and explore all of the resources available to you!
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- A Closer Look – New Edition of A Closer Look Discusses the IASB
- Equity Securities – FASB Proposes Improvements to Fair Value Guidance for Equity Securities
- Interest Rates – New Edition of Interpretation on Accounting Issues Raised by Declines in Short-Term and Long-Term Interest Rates Published
- Troubled Debt Restructurings – New Edition of Interpretations of Troubled Debt Restructuring by Debtors Published
- Governmental Financial Statement Examples – New Financial Statement Examples Published
- Governmental Audit – GAQC 431 Published
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Auditing the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Process Guide
- Corporate Audit Department Charter
- Agile Audit Leading Practices
- Accounts Payable RCM
- Fixed Assets and Property Audit Work Program