Exploring the Next Generation of Internal Auditing | 2020 Internal Audit Capabilities and Needs Survey CPE Webinar
During this webinar, we will engage in a lively discussion about this year's findings, with a particular focus on how most audit functions need to quickly improve their acquisition and development of next-generation auditing skills.
Corporate Audit Department Charter
This tool contains four sample charters that outline the mission statement, objectives, responsibilities and services of the corporate audit department of a company.
Accounts Payable Review Audit Report
This tool contains three sample audit reports that can be used by auditors to perform an organization’s accounts payable audit.
Internal Control Process Improvement Questionnaire
This sample questionnaire uses process capability frameworks to identify internal control improvement opportunities for organizations.
Risk Management Policy
This tool contains three sample policies that establish standards and procedures with a common and systematic approach for managing risk across a company.
Accounts Payable Policy
This tool contains four sample policies that outline procedures for documenting, recording and issuing payments for a company's accounts payable transactions.
Project Management Office (PMO) Audit Work Program
This sample tool contains two work programs that provide general steps organizations should take when conducting a project management office (PMO) audit.
Service-Level Controls Audit Work Program
This tool contains two sample programs that provide general steps organizations can use for measuring and enhancing their service-level controls.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
PCAOB Debuts New Inspection Report Format
Audit Analytics describes the PCAOB’s newly designed inspection report and highlights the report’s key changes.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
The Pandemic Crisis Draws Sharp Contrast Between Digital Leaders and the Rest
This article reviews leadership teams’ responses to the global pandemic and provides steps digital beginners should take to foster a successful digital culture.
A Different Front in the COVID-19 Outbreak: Information Security
This article explores some of the IT factors that administrative and IT health care workers must stay focused on throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Work-From-Anywhere Future Exposes Holes in Operational Strategy
Businesses need to take a hard look at their corporate strategies and operational structures to make sure they can handle a dispersed work environment. Source: cfo.com
Is ESG All About the ‘G’? That Depends on Your Time Horizon
This article explores the relative impact of E, S and G issues on a company's financial risk and returns over the past decade. Source: corporatesecretary.com
FEATURED PREMIUM CONTENT
Invoice the Customer RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the invoice the customer process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Embracing Agile at Scale
This course will cover how to introduce agile practices to your organization, make the decision to scale up your agile teams, smooth the way for agile scaling, adopt the principles of a business agile mindset and establish an agile transformation model. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credits, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Discover the subject areas that will be covered in this course
- Identify the basic values of an agile business approach
- Identify the crucial practices for introducing agile practices to the organization
- Identify the steps for deciding whether and how to scale up agile teams
- Identify the areas in which to push for change in order to smooth the way for agile scaling
- Identify the principles of a business agile mind-set
- Knowledge Check: Bringing the Benefits of Agile to the Entire Organization
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Not-for-Profit Entities – FASB Issues ASU on Presentation and Disclosures by Not-for-Profit Entities for Contributed Nonfinancial Assets
- Banking Registrants – SEC Modernizes Disclosures for Banking Registrants
- Confidential Treatment – SEC Staff Updates Guidance on Confidential Treatment Orders
- Cybersecurity – SEC Inspections and Examination Staff Issues Risk Alert on Cybersecurity
- Pension and Profit Sharing Plans – New Edition of Interpretations on Pension and Profit Sharing Plans Published
- Interest Rates – Interpretation on Issues Raised by Declines in Short-Term and Long-Term Interest Rates Published
- Liabilities vs. Equity – New Edition of Interpretation on Distinguishing Liabilities from Equity Published
- FASB Projects – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Discusses FASB Agenda Projects
- Audit Evidence – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Discusses SAS 142
- Staff Augmentation Arrangements – AICPA Ethics Division Proposes Staff Augmentation Arrangements Interpretation
- GAO Professional Standards – GAO Issues Professional Standards Update No. 78
- Capital Assets – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Discusses GASB Guidance on Reporting Capital Assets
- OMB Compliance Supplement – AICPA’s GAQC Issues Table of Pro
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Disaster Recovery Audit Work Program
- Payroll Data Analytics Audit Report
- Internal Audit Skills Questionnaire
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Travel Review Audit Work Program