Vendor Risk Management Policy
This sample policy contains guidelines and procedures employees should follow when overseeing third-party entities.
Internal Audit Contributing to the Success of Enterprise Risk Management Guide
In this tool, we’ve compiled a guide that defines internal audit’s role and the keys to success related to an organization’s enterprise risk management process.
Security Management Audit Work Program
This tool contains two sample work programs that provide general steps organizations can take when conducting a security management audit.
Budgeting Leading Practices
This tool provides a systematic process and the best-practice elements for managing an organization’s budgeting function.
IT Change Management Leading Practices
This tool features leading practices that can be used to evaluate and improve an organization’s IT infrastructure.
Currency Risk Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
This tool outlines leading practices and questions that can be used by organizations to identify and assess the impact of currency risk.
Manage Mergers and Acquisitions Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
This tool contains key performance measures an organization should consider when achieving its merger or acquisition goals.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
AQRM Red Flags: Financial Reporting
In this article, Audit Analytics breaks down the risks associated with specific firm-level events included in the Accounting Quality + Risk Matrix (AQRM).
PREMIUM TOOL OF THE WEEK
Protiviti's Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 Compliance Initiatives Methodology
This tool provides an overview of an organization’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404 compliance process and illustrates a high-level outline of Protiviti’s approach.
Cybersecurity Is More Than an IT Issue — Does Your Board Know How to Manage the Dangers?
This issue of Tone at the Top outlines various strategies to help boards tackle cyber risk, including maintaining a keen grasp of the organization’s cyber risk profile. Source: theiia.org
ESG Assurance an Elusive but Promising Opportunity for Auditors
Although just 31 of the S&P 500 companies use public company auditors for environmental, social and governance assurance, increased regulation and investor focus may lead to more opportunities for practitioners in the future. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
CFOs: Prepare for Changes in Global Tax Rules
Some of President Biden’s new tax proposals, if passed, will have significant ramifications. Here are the regulations to watch. Source: cfo.com
Nearly a Year Into the Pandemic, Relief Fraud and Misuse of Government Funds Continue Unabated
Protiviti explores the PRAC's updated Management Challenges report and explains how leaders and program managers can make informed funding decisions. Source: blog.protiviti.com
Smooth (and Secure) Operator: A Perspective on the Oldsmar Water Plant ICS Breach
A look at the Oldsmar water treatment plant cyberattack and what steps organizations must take to establish an effective incident response program. Source: blog.protiviti.com
KLplus CPE COURSE SPOTLIGHT
Overview of the COSO Internal Control - Integrated Framework
This basic-level course explains the history of the COSO framework; the COSO objectives and components; and how the framework is applied at the entity, process and activity levels. The completed course is worth 1.4 CPE credits and by the end of the course, you will be able to:
FEATURED TRENDING TOPIC
Segregation of Duties
- Identify the purpose and origin of COSO
- Identify the objectives and components of the Internal Control - Integrated Framework
- Identify how the COSO framework is applied at both the entity and activity levels
Segregation of duties was a big trending search topic over the past week. We've published over 50 tools and publications related to segregation of duties on KnowledgeLeader, so dive in and explore all of the resources available to you!
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC and Auditing Developments
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Leases – FASB Discusses Proposed Guidance on Discount Rates for Lessees
- LIBOR – SEC Chair Discusses Transition From LIBOR
- Financial Institutions – 2021-2022 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits of Financial Institutions Published
- Independence – AICPA’s Ethics Board Proposes New Independence Interpretation
- Peer Reviews – AICPA Proposes Changes to Clarify Performing and Reporting on Peer Reviews
- Construction Contractors – 2021-2022 Edition of Knowledge-Based AuditsTM of Construction Contractors and Related Entities Published
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Enterprise Risk Management Guide: Identifying and Understanding Risks
- Manage Security and Privacy: Manage Security Configurations RCM
- Account Reconciliation Policy
- Capital Expenditure and Fixed Asset Process Questionnaire
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire