Risk Tracking and Exception Reporting Questionnaire
This tool highlights questions organizations should consider for efficiently tracking reports and reporting exceptions.
Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting (ICFR) Deficiencies Questionnaire
This tool highlights questions to consider for understanding and assessing internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) deficiencies.
Audit Committee Report - Internal Audit Update
This tool contains two sample reports that can be used by auditors for evaluating and improving the audit committee’s internal audit plan.
Data Backup and Retention Policy
This tool contains two sample policies that highlight guidelines and procedures common to recognizing and retaining data.
Information Technology (IT) Security Policy
This document contains two sample policies that establish guidelines an organization should follow to ensure that its IT security meets standard best practices.
Paid Time Off Policy
This tool contains two sample policies that establish standards associated with providing time off with compensation to employees in an organization.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Managing and Mitigating Credit Risks and Losses Through the Crisis and Beyond
This article describes the impact of COVID-19 on the financial services industry and outlines steps lenders should take to mitigate emerging issues as crisis conditions evolve.
A Finance Labor Model Tailor-Made for Navigating Crises
This article details the challenges finance leaders have faced during COVID-19 and explains what makes a managed services arrangement tailor-made for crises.
Paycheck Protection Program: A Good Idea Going Bad?
This article uncovers the issues with the PPP’s forgiveness requirements and provides lessons learned small businesses should consider from the first two rounds of payments.
How Public Sector Finance Management Can Adjust to COVID-19
This article discusses ways local governments can maneuver during the COVID-19 crisis, provide service to their communities, and prepare for an uncertain future. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
Five Things Internal Audit Must Tell the Audit Committee Now!
Richard Chambers shares five recommended messages CAEs can use to take the lead in discussing how internal audit is responding to the pandemic. Source: theiia.org
Don’t Let COVID-19 Kill Your Deal
Tech startups eager to complete mergers and acquisitions and venturing financings during the pandemic will want to follow these four leading practices. Source: cfo.com
New CPA Licensure Model Embraces Core, Deeper Knowledge
This article outlines what's next for the new CPA licensure model founded by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). Source: journalofaccountancy.com
FEATURED PREMIUM CONTENT
IT Management Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This capability maturity model can be used to measure the maturity of an organization’s IT management process and to assist its progress from the initial/ad-hoc state toward the optimized state.
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Framing Opportunities for Effective Data-Driven Decision Making
In this course, you will learn how to frame a problem by asking the right questions and identifying and testing assumptions. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credits, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Discover the subject areas that will be covered in this course
- Identify the steps you take to ensure that your decision making is data driven
- Identify the right questions to ask to narrow down the problem
- Recognize the steps for testing and validating assumptions
- Identify the steps to create an initial problem statement
- Recognize the key activities for refining and finalizing problem statements
- Knowledge Check: Taking Action to Frame Opportunities for Effective Data-Driven Decision Making
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- LIBOR – New Edition of A Closer Look Examines FASB’s Reference Rate Reform Accounting Standard
- Checklist – New Edition of Summary Checklist of Recent Authoritative U.S. Accounting Standards Published
- Shareholder Proposals – SEC Adopts Amendments to Modernize Shareholder Proposal Rule
- EDGAR Filer Manual – SEC Publishes New Edition of EDGAR Filer Manual
- SEC Whistleblower Program – SEC Amends Whistleblower Program
- SEC Compliance and Disclosure Interpretations – SEC Staff Provides Guidance on Whistleblower Program and Securities Act Forms
- Derivatives – FASB Ratifies Consensus-for-Exposure
- Financial Institutions – 2020-2021 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits of Financial Institutions (Post SAS-134)
- Management Letter Comments – 2021 Edition of CPA’s Guide to Management Letter Comments Published
- Preparation, Compilation, and Review Engagements – AICPA Publishes New Edition of its Audit and Accounting Guide
- Brokers and Dealers – AICPA Publishes New Edition of its Audit and Accounting Guide on Brokers and Dealers
- Investment Companies – AICPA Publishes New Edition of its Audit and Accounting Guide on Investment Companies
- Airlines – AICPA Publishes Revises its Audit and Accounting Guide on Airlines
- Payroll Protection Program – AICPA Provides Technical Q&A on Payroll Protection Program
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Internal Control Process Improvement Questionnaire
- Project Management Office (PMO) Audit Work Program
- Disaster Recovery Audit Work Program
- Accounts Payable Policy
- Accounts Payable Review Audit Report