Fall CPE Sale!
Our special CPE fall sale begins October 7! Receive 20% off all KLplus
subscriptions and upgrades now through October 21st. Use promo code FALLCPE19 at checkout.
Upcoming CPE Webinar: Today’s Toughest Challenges in IT Audit: Tech Partnerships, Talent, Transformation
Please join us on October 15th for a discussion on the key trends and recommendations emerging from the latest IT Audit Benchmarking Survey Report from ISACA and Protiviti.
Workplace Dynamics Questionnaire: Technology and Labor Model
This sample questionnaire covers questions directors should consider for a successful workplace and digital labor transformation.
Sarbanes-Oxley Year-One Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This capability maturity model includes the six elements of infrastructure focused on Sarbanes-Oxley year-one compliance management.
UPDATED AUDIT REPORT
Privacy Compliance Program Review Audit Report
This sample report focuses on the privacy compliance state at a financial institution and uses a capability maturity continuum and gap analysis to illustrate the status of compliance.
Key Elements of an Effective Project Management Office Guide
This guide provides an in-depth examination of the project management office's structure and responsibilities.
Documenting Processes and Controls for Sarbanes-Oxley Guide
This guide is designed to help organizations establish consistent and thorough Sarbanes-Oxley documentation standards.
Sarbanes-Oxley Roles and Responsibilities Guide
This sample guide can be used to understand the roles and responsibilities of team members involved in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance assessment.
Country Road Group and David Jones: Influencing Stakeholders via Commercial Insights
In this profile, Mark Rogan, regional head of internal audit at Country Road Group and David Jones, highlights how his team uses transformation to stay relevant in the face of change.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLE
Panel Discussion on FAIR Methodology Sparks Lively Interest: Key Takeaways
This article summarizes the expertise of local practitioners, analysts and C-level executives gathered for a Protiviti panel discussion on the Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR) methodology.
Capitalizing on Predictive Maintenance (PdM) Benefits in Manufacturing
This article explores the operational and financial benefits of PdM and suggests ways an organization can deploy a PdM solution successfully.
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Agile Project Planning
In this course you'll learn about critical agile planning activities including creating personas and wireframing. This course also covers the most common agile estimation techniques such as story points, wideband Delphi, and affinity estimation. The completed course is worth 1 CPE credit, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
@ISACA Newsletter: Volume 19
- Distinguish between the key tasks of release planning and iteration planning
- Identify best practices for creating personas as part of requirements definition
- Identify wireframing best practices for formatting user stories
- Identify benefits of story mapping
- Recognize agile estimating techniques
- Identify considerations to keep in mind when estimating team velocity
- Distinguish between the different customer-valued prioritization methods
- Identify the four MoSCoW model categories
- Distinguish between characteristics of the Kano model and priority matrices
- Identify the key activities that take place in the iteration planning meeting
- Demonstrate your knowledge of agile planning activities
This edition of ISACA’s newsletter covers managing third-party risk, proactive risk management, and CISA: the stepping stone to an auditor’s success. Source: isaca.org
New Position Paper Released: The Internal Audit Charter
The IIA has released a new position paper titled “The Internal Audit Charter: A Blueprint to Assurance Success.” This paper outlines seven vital components that support the activity's overall strength and effectiveness and should be covered in the internal audit charter. Source: theiia.org
KNOWLEDGELEADER BLOG POST
Is Your Strategy Focused on Digital Transformation?
Over the next few years, many organizations will need to undertake radical change programs and, in some cases, completely reinvent themselves to remain relevant and competitive. This week's blog post explores strategies to focus on regarding digital transformation.
DID YOU KNOW?
IT Security Topic
KnowledgeLeader has over 320 tools and publications related to IT security in our database, and they are all right at your fingertips. Check out our IT Security Topic Page to explore all of the IT security content available to you.
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- National Market Systems – SEC Proposes Changes to NMS Plan Fee Amendments
- Financial Instruments – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Discusses FASB Proposal on Credit Losses on Financial Instruments
- Real Estate Entities – 2019-2020 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits of Real Estate Entities Published
- Single Audits – New Edition of Knowledge-Based Single Audits Updates for the 2019 Compliance Supplement
- GAAS Practice Manual – 2020 Edition of GAAS Practice Manual Published
- Employee Benefit Plans – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Discusses SAS 136
- Capitalized Interest – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Discusses GASB 89
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Enterprise Risk Management Summary Approach Guide
- Inventory Policy
- COSO 2013 Internal Control–Integrated Framework Executive Summary Guide
- AR and Cash Application Process Flow
- Security Governance Capability Maturity Model (CMM)