TOP 10 TOOLS — Q3 2021
1. Accounts Payable RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the “accounts payable” process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
2. Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
The objective of this questionnaire is to assess a number of COSO elements and the related objectives for entity-level controls.
3. Internal Audit Risk Assessment Questionnaire
This tool contains three samples that provide questions organizations can use for assessing and improving their internal audit functions.
4. AR and Cash Application Process Flow
This process flow focuses on the AR and cash application process.
5. Enterprise Risk Management Questionnaire
This questionnaire can be used when analyzing an organization’s enterprise risk management strategy.
6. Risk Assessment and Internal Audit Plan
This tool contains three sample reports that detail results from an annual risk assessment designed to help organizations measure and improve their internal audit process.
7. Accounts Receivable Aging and Collections Process Flow
This process flow outlines the AR aging and collection process.
8. Root Cause Analysis Questionnaire
This sample questionnaire can be used by organizations as a starting point for sourcing the root causes of problems or risks.
9. Audit Planning Memo
This tool provides three sample planning memos, which serve as a report of an internal audit function’s high-level assessment of the company’s audit planning process, and outlines what should be included in an audit planning memorandum.
10. Application Audit Work Program
This tool includes three audit program samples that can be used by organizations to evaluate and improve business unit application controls.
TOP 10 PUBLICATIONS — Q3 2021
1. Guide to Internal Audit
This booklet is designed to be a resource that internal audit professionals can refer to regularly in their jobs.
2. Internal Auditing Around the World: Volume 17
The new edition of Internal Auditing Around the World addresses how internal audit functions have become more adaptable and resilient amid unprecedented disruption.
3. Bogus Whistleblower Complaints Are Making the Rounds
This flash report serves to alert companies to a growing trend of disinformation making the rounds through well-written and convincing hoax whistleblower complaints.
4. 2021 Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Survey
The 2021 edition of Protiviti's annual SOX report explains some of the changes SOX compliance practices have faced post-pandemic, including cost, hours and controls.
5. Growing Number of ICFR Issues Following IPO
In this exclusive report, Audit Analytics explores trends in companies reporting internal control deficiencies immediately following an initial public offering.
6. Executive Perspectives on Top Risks in 2021 and 2030
This report contains results from our ninth annual risk survey of directors and executives worldwide to obtain their views on the extent to which a broad collection of risks is likely to affect their organizations throughout 2021.
7. The Three C’s of a Quality Cloud Audit
This article outlines Protiviti's comprehensive cloud audit approach, which is based on leading practices and frameworks created by the CIS.
8. Internal Controls Planning as Organizations Contemplate a Return to the Office
In this article, we cover three categories of control changes that companies should consider as they plan to resume in-person work.
9. Importance of Internal Controls for Cybersecurity
In this article, Audit Analytics examines the increase in cybersecurity breaches disclosed by public companies since 2011.
10. AQRM Red Flags: Controls
Audit Analytics examines the red flag events concerning a company’s control environment, including control weaknesses, late filings and cybersecurity incidents.
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Checklists – New Edition of GAAP Checklists Published
- Checklists – New Edition of SEC Checklists Published
- Industry Checklists – New Edition of Industry Checklists Published
- FASB Agenda – FASB Discusses Agenda Prioritization
- Financial Statement Examples – New Financial Statement Examples Published
- Business Combinations – New Edition of Interpretation Published
- Lease Accounting – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Published
- Broker-Dealers – 2021 Edition of AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Published
- Government Auditing Standards – 2021 Edition of AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Published
- Preparation, Compilation and Review Engagements – 2021 Edition of AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Published
- Presentation and Disclosure – 2021 Edition of AICPA’s Best Practices in Presentation and Disclosure Published
- Unpaid Fees – AICPA’s PEEC Proposes Revisions to Unpaid Fees Interpretation
- Management Letter Comments – 2022 Edition of CPA’s Guide to Management Letter Comments Published
- Audit Confirmations – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Published
- Note Disclosures – GASB Publishes Fact Sheet on Note Disclosures
- Materiality – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Published