FIS: Leveraging the Power of Emerging Technology for Greater Assurance
In this profile, FIS Chief Audit Executive John Eagle shares how his team utilizes advanced technology to focus on ongoing business resilience.
Application Security Review and Testing Audit Work Program
This tool includes two sample audit programs that provide steps organizations can take to facilitate an application security review and testing audit.
Restaurant Site Review Audit Work Program
The general best-practice steps included in this tool can be applied to review a number of functions at a restaurant site.
Fixed Assets and Property Audit Work Program
In this work program sample, we provide general steps organizations can take when conducting a property and fixed assets audit.
Site Planning and Review Checklist
This sample checklist serves as a working document that can be used by auditors to determine whether all site visit tasks are completed.
Internal Audit Department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
This tool includes three sample documents that provide guidance internal audit and management can use to evaluate their performance measurements.
Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting Compliance Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
This capability maturity model can be used to measure the maturity of an organization’s compliance with internal controls over financial reporting and to assist its progress from the initial/ad-hoc state toward the optimized state.
SEC Indicates Greater Interest in Climate Change Disclosures
Five proactive steps companies should take to evaluate how their climate-related disclosures measure up. Source: blog.protiviti.com
Measuring the Impact of a Telehealth Program
Protiviti explores the value of telehealth and provides performance measures for healthcare providers looking to develop a sustainable telehealth program. Source: blog.protiviti.com
PCAOB Moves to Strengthen Lead Auditor’s Oversight of Other Auditors
The PCAOB issued a second supplementary request for comment on a proposal designed to enhance the lead auditor’s role in overseeing other auditors outside the firm that issues the auditor’s report. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
Most Institutional Investors Have Companywide ESG Policies, Survey Finds
A growing number of institutional investors now have a companywide policy on ESG investment, with the largest firms leading the way, according to new research. Source: corporatesecretary.com
CFOs: Time to Reconsider SPAC Deals
Why merging with a special-purpose acquisition company is now a hazardous way to raise capital and go public. Source: cfo.com
PREMIUM TOOL OF THE WEEK
Mergers and Acquisitions Integration Methodology
This tool provides an overview of an organization's process for executing mergers and acquisitions and includes a four-step, phased approach to determining whether the mergers or acquisitions ultimately meet company business goals.
KLplus CPE COURSE SPOTLIGHT
Product Management: Building a Product Strategy
In this course, you will learn the key components of a successful product strategy, crucial questions to ask when defining your product strategy, the steps to creating a product strategy, how to build a data-driven product road map, and common mistakes in building a product strategy and how to avoid them. The completed course is worth 1 CPE credit and by the end of the course, you will be able to:
FEATURED TRENDING TOPIC
- Discover the subject areas that will be covered in this course
- Identify the key components of a successful business strategy
- Identify pertinent questions to ask in order to define your product strategy
- Sequence the steps for creating a winning product strategy
- Identify the actions an organization can take to increase the chances of success for their product strategy
- Identify methods for avoiding common product strategy mistakes
- Identify the key characteristics of product portfolio life cycle management
Accounts receivable was a big trending search topic over the past week. We've published over 100 tools and publications related to accounts receivable on KnowledgeLeader, so dive in and explore all of the resources available to you!
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC and Auditing Developments
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Share-Based Awards – FASB Provides Practical Expedient to Private Companies for Equity-Classified Share-Based Awards
- Checklist – New Edition of Summary Checklist of Recent Authoritative U.S. Accounting Standards Published
- Checklist – New Edition of VIE Checklist Published
- Auditor Independence – SEC Acting Chief Accountant Publishes Statement on the Importance of High Quality Independent Audits
- Consolidation – New Edition of Interpretation Published
- IFRS Financial Statements – New Edition of Interpretation Includes IFRS Illustrative Financial Statements
- CARES Act – AICPA Publishes New TQA on Reporting on the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund
- Construction Contractors – AICPA Publishes 2021 Edition of Audit and Accounting Guide
- Credit Losses – AICPA Publishes 2021 Edition of Audit and Accounting Guide
- Employee Benefit Plans – AICPA Publishes 2021 Edition of Audit and Accounting Guide
- Investment Companies – AICPA Publishes 2021 Edition of Audit and Accounting Guide
- Property and Liability Insurance Entities – AICPA Publishes 2021 Edition of Audit and Accounting Guide
- Life and Health Insurance Entities – AICPA Publishes 2021 Edition of Audit and Accounting Guide
- Auditing Standards Board – October 12-14, 2021 Meeting Summary Published
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Accounts Payable RCM
- Risk Assessment and Internal Audit Plan
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Internal Audit Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Enterprise Risk Management Questionnaire