PCAOB Issues Staff Update and Preview of 2019 Inspection Observations
This Flash Report highlights some of the most notable areas the PCAOB underscored in its Staff Update and Preview of 2019 Inspection Observations.
Risk Assessment Audit Report
This tool includes two sample audit reports that outline steps an audit department should take when conducting a risk assessment.
Audit Committee Report — Internal Audit Plan
This tool contains three sample audit reports that can be used by auditors to evaluate and improve the internal audit plan.
Internal Audit External Quality Assessment Process Results Questionnaire
This tool outlines questions organizations can use to measure the external quality of their internal audit functions.
Identity Management Tool Questionnaire
The questions provided in this tool can help organizations manage their security and privacy concerns specific to identity management.
Audit Ratings Guide
This tool contains two sample guides that can be used for identifying opportunities to further enhance and improve areas such as internal controls, operations and accounting.
Spreadsheet Controls Policy
This tool contains two samples that outline policies and procedures to give guidance and ensure compliance related to financial spreadsheet controls.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Rethinking Offshoring? Ideas to Consider as Momentum for Nearshoring Builds
In this article, Protiviti’s Bernie Donachie and John F. Weber discuss the challenges of outsourcing in the new economy and identify the steps organizations should take when considering a nearshoring move.
SOX Compliance: Consider COVID-19 Impact on Management Review Control Execution
This article outlines steps to consider as you prepare your control documentation along with some specific assumption considerations and challenges for several areas typically requiring management review controls.
PPP Loan Forgiveness, Part 2
Here, we provide a breakdown of two interim final rules on the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan forgiveness requirements and roles and responsibilities of borrowers and lenders.
A Recovery Pathway for Healthcare Organizations
In this article, we explore the global pandemic’s effect on the healthcare industry and outline five critical areas healthcare providers should focus on as they begin recovery.
The CFO of 2030
How are finance chiefs going to create value across the next decade? Accordion convened a panel to find out. Source: cfo.com
COBIT and IT Audit — A Partnership for Eternity
This article describes the COBIT Framework's part in various aspects of IT audit, including developing IT audit plans, planning and performing IT audit engagements. Source: isaca.org
Curse of the Happy Workpapers
Richard Chambers shares his two most relevant passages on the use and importance of workpapers from the IIA's International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing. Source: theiia.org
DID YOU KNOW?
Vendor Management Topic
KnowledgeLeader has over 110 tools and publications related to vendor management in our database, and they are all right at your fingertips. Check out our Vendor Management Topic Page to explore all of the vendor management content available to you.
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Product Management: Create a Go-to-Market Plan
In this course, you will learn when to use a Go-to-Market plan, the contents of a Go-to-Market plan, how to prepare to build a Go-to-Market plan, the elements top define in a Go-to-Market plan and the steps to take when building a Go-to-Market plan. The completed course is worth 1 CPE credit, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Discover the subject areas that will be covered in this course
- Identify the benefits of using a Go-to-Market plan to launch a product
- Identify the goals of a Go-to-Market plan's executive summary
- Identify the elements you need to define when building a Go-to-Market plan
- Identify the approaches to building a Go-to-Market plan
- Identify the steps to take when building a Go-to-Market plan
- Sequence the stages of the launch phase workflow
- Knowledge Check: Getting Your Product to the Customer with a Go-to-Market Plan
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Guarantor Financial Information – FASB Codification Updated to Reflect SEC Guarantor Financial Disclosures
- Checklist – New Edition of Summary Checklist of Recent Authoritative U.S. Accounting Standards Published
- Leases – FASB Proposes Three Targeted Improvements to the Leases Standard
- Reference Rate Reform – FASB Issues Proposal to Clarify Scope of Reference Rate Reform Guidance
- Warrants – FASB Proposes Clarifications to the Issuer’s Accounting for Certain Modifications of Freestanding Equity-Classified Forwards and Options
- Securities Future Margin – SEC and CFTC Approve Final Rule on Security Futures Margin
- Portfolio Margining – SEC and CFTC Publish a Request for Comments
- Critical Audit Matters – PCAOB Publishes Interim Analysis Report on Initial Impact of Critical Audit Matter Requirements
- FASB Agenda – FASB Discusses FASB Agenda
- Compliance Officers – SEC Commissioner Peirce Discusses Concerns Focused on Personal Liability for Compliance Officers
- Quality Control – 2021 Edition of CPA’s Guide to Quality Control and Peer Reviews
- Information Technology Audits – 2021 Edition of Information Technology Audits Published
- Depository and Lending Institutions – New Edition of AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Published
- Investment Companies – New Edition of AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide Published
- Employee Benefit Plans – AICPA Best Practices in Presentation and Disclosure Added
- U.S. GAAP Financial Statements – 2019 Edition of AICPA’s Best Practices in Presentation and Disclosure Published
- Use of Specialists – AICPA Auditing Standards Board Meeting Minutes Published
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Executive Report on Internal Controls
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Going Digital: The Future Auditor in Action
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- Audit Planning Memo