2020 Finance Trends Survey Report
Protiviti’s latest Global Finance Trends Survey Report highlights how CFOs are committed to ongoing finance transformation and equipping their departments with the foundational building blocks needed to support their organizations, regardless of current circumstances or the next crisis.
Entity-Level Controls Assessment Report
This document contains two sample audit reports that can be used to document management’s assessment of internal controls over each of the five components at the entity level.
Risk Management Executive Committee Questionnaire
This tool contains questions to consider for improving an organization’s risk management capabilities by evaluating its risk management executive committee (RMEC).
Project Management Office (PMO) Strength Questionnaire
This tool provides cost-effective project management questions to consider for examining and enhancing an organization’s Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
This tool includes three sample policies that highlight guidelines and procedures for maintaining the confidentiality of an organization’s confidential business information and personal information.
Payroll and HR Leading Practices
This tool features a number of leading practices to assist with payroll and HR process improvement.
Protiviti Flash Report: FBI Warns of Ransomware Assault on the Healthcare and Public Health Sector
This Flash Report
highlights key findings in the FBI’s
Joint Cybersecurity Advisory and provides guidance organizations should consider related to mitigating ransomware threats.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Compliance Assurance During the Time of COVID-19 – And Beyond
This article uncovers the economic challenges the financial services industry is facing and identifies how finance firms can manage the mid- to long-term effects of COVID-19.
New SOX Survey: COVID-19 Environment Further Drives Need for Greater Automation and Technology Adoption for Compliance Processes
This article outlines some of the most significant results from Protiviti’s 2020 Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance Survey, which includes a special section for conducting proper audits during the pandemic.
Internal Audit, COVID-19 Risks and the Year Ahead
Richard Chambers shares his views on the uncertainties that organizations may face in the fourth quarter of 2020. Source: theiia.org
Tips for Single Audits Amid Pandemic Uncertainty
This article summarizes how practitioners can give themselves a chance to succeed under challenging conditions. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
SEC Changes Disclosure Rules for Banks
This article explains the SEC's rule changes that will alter the disclosures bank and savings and loan registrants are required to provide investors. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
KNOWLEDGELEADER'S GREATEST HITS
SOX Process Flow: High-Level Methodology
This process flow documents a high-level methodology for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Solve Problems Using Systems Thinking in the Workplace
Systems thinking allows you to understand how systems work, as well as your role in them. Systems thinking affords you the ability to see the interrelationships among all events, putting you in a better position to address problems. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credit, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Discover the key concepts covered in this course
- Recognize characteristics of a system
- Recognize what makes systems thinking different from traditional thinking
- Recognize attributes of systems thinking
- Identify the elements of systems thinking used to solve a complex problem
- Identify the steps that can be used to solve a chronic problem
- Knowledge Check: Solve Problems Using Systems Thinking in the Workplace
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Insurance – FASB Delays Long-Duration Insurance Guidance and Eases Early Adoption Provisions
- Checklist – New Edition of Summary Checklist of Recent Authoritative U.S. Accounting Standards Published
- Codification Improvements – FASB Issues Codification Improvements
- Exempt Offerings – SEC Amends Exempt Offering Framework
- Stock Compensation – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Discusses FASB Proposal on Valuing Stock Compensation for Private Companies
- Use of Specialists – AICPA’s ASB Proposes New SAS on the Use of Specialists and Pricing Information Obtained from External Information Sources
- Auditing Accounting Estimates – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Discusses SAS 143
- Not-for-Profit Organizations – 2020-2021 Edition of Knowledge-Based Preparation, Compilation, and Review Engagements of Not-for-Profit Organizations for Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Financial Reporting Model – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Discusses GASB Proposal
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Risk Assessment Audit Report
- Audit Committee Report — Internal Audit Plan
- Internal Audit and Risk Management: The Basics
- Audit Ratings Guide
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire