The Biden Administration: The First 100 Days and Winners and Losers
This Flash Report describes the first 10 priorities of the President-elect’s administration and illustrates ways companies can adapt to the changing political realities.
Business Intelligence Overview and Guide
This document includes two sample guides that discuss the meaning, importance and drivers of business intelligence (BI).
Internal Audit Risk Assessment Audit Committee Report
This tool contains two sample audit reports that can be used by auditors to summarize the results of an internal audit risk assessment to the audit committee.
Self-Assessment Tool Questionnaire
This sample questionnaire contains best practices and questions to consider when implementing and validating an organization’s self-assessment tools.
Internal Control Structure Validation Questionnaire
This tool features questions to consider for verifying an organization’s internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) during management’s assessment.
Monthly Financial Close Process Checklist
This tool contains two sample checklists that can be used to determine the extent to which various best business practices are being followed during the month-end close.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
SOX 404 Disclosures: A Sixteen-Year Review
Audit Analytics examines the trends in Section 404 disclosures over a sixteen-year period, considering both auditor attestations and management-only assessments.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Bank Culture Reform in Hong Kong
This article identifies what steps Authorized Institutions (AIs) can take to establish and maintain a strong governance framework and reflect a sound bank culture.
Rise of the SPACs: Understanding the Risks and Rewards in This Vogue IPO Vehicle
This article explores the rising popularity of special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) and shares how they can help private companies with a smoother public transition.
Campari Group: Serving Up a Potent Mix of Data Analytics and Process Mining
In this profile, Antonio Zuchetti, senior director of internal audit at Campari, summarizes how his team has addressed small and big risks to stay ahead of business.
Bring the Remote Work Trend Into Your Accounting Classroom
Learn how to use this trend as a springboard into discussing the impact of technology on accounting. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
Europe's Internal Auditors Are Already Identifying the Risks for 2021
Richards Chambers shares the most relevant risks from the European Confederation of Institutes of Internal Auditor’s (ECIIA) annual report. Source: theiia.org
Audit Committee Cybersecurity Disclosures Rising in Proxy Statements
This article explores the recent rise in disclosures around cybersecurity in proxy statements from public company audit committees. Source: journalofaccountancy.com
Suspicious Internal Audit Deaths Demand Answers
Richard Chambers shares his take on the growing shock and concern over the suspicious deaths of four public-sector internal auditors in Liberia. Source: theiia.org
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Women in Leadership: Mastering Key Leadership Competencies
In this course, you will learn how to build confidence through competence, develop your leadership presence, communicate like a leader, demonstrate your emotional intelligence, and network and connect with other women leaders. The completed course is worth 0.5 CPE credit, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Discover the key concepts covered in this course
- Recognize what constitutes the kind of competency that builds confidence
- Identify statements that describe the key elements of leadership presence
- Identify behaviors that enhance effective leadership communication
- Recognize behaviors that demonstrate emotional intelligence
- Identify best practices for developing a network that works for women
- Knowledge Check: Cultivating Your Leadership Qualities
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- MD&A – SEC Adopts Amendments to Modernize and Enhance Management’s Discussion and Analysis and Other Financial Disclosures
- Regulation S-T – SEC Staff Provides Guidance on Regulation S-T in Light of COVID-19
- SEC Rulemaking – SEC Director Discusses Principles-Based Approach to Rulemaking
- Goodwill – FASB Discusses Interim Goodwill Evaluation
- International Accounting – FASB and IASB Hold Educational Meeting
- Construction Contractors – 2020-2021 Edition of Knowledge-Based Preparations, Compilations, and Reviews of Construction Contractors and Related Entities Published
- HUD Programs – 2020-2021 Edition of Knowledge-Based Audits of Housing and Urban Development Programs Published
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Establishing a Process-Based Self-Assessment Process Questionnaire
- SWOT Analysis Questionnaire
- Travel and Expense Reporting Audit Work Program
- Entity-Level Controls Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Spreadsheet Risk Optimization Questionnaire