BENCHMARKING SURVEY ANNOUNCEMENT
Protiviti's 2020 Internal Audit Capabilities and Needs Survey
For the second year in a row, we are assessing how innovation and transformation are impacting the audit process.
The survey should take approximately 20 minutes to complete and will be available online until December 15
. No login ID or password is required.
Receive 20% off all subscriptions and upgrades now through December 31. Use promo code YEAREND19
Upcoming CPE Webinar: An Outlook on the 2020 Global Business Environment
Please join us on December 18th for a webinar discussion of the top risks that are likely to affect organizations throughout 2020 and our suggestions on how to respond to them.
Fidelity Investments: From Goodness to Greatness — Going All-In on Agile Auditing
In this profile, Jeffrey Jarczyk, executive vice president and chief auditor at Fidelity, explains how his team blends structural, procedural and technological mechanisms to continually improve future auditing activities.
Provide Financial Information to External Parties: 10-K Preparation RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to 10-K preparation during the “provide financial information to external parties” process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
Spreadsheet Audit Work Program
This sample audit program provides general steps organizations can use when performing a spreadsheet audit.
System Pre-Implementation Audit Work Program
This sample audit work program provides the general steps to take when executing a pre-implementation review audit.
Foreign Exchange Audit Work Program
This sample audit program provides general steps an organization can use when performing a foreign exchange audit.
Quote-to-Cash Scoping Questionnaire
This sample questionnaire can be used to assess the process associated with quote-to-cash management.
Business Self-Assessment Methodology
This tool provides an overview of the business self-assessment process and includes four components of business self-assessment.
AUDIT ANALYTICS ARTICLE
The History of Critical Audit Matters
In this article, Audit Analytics examines the story behind how the disclosure of critical audit matters came to be in the auditing world.
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Internal Audit Leaders Adopt Agile Methods to Meet Next-Gen Audit Expectations
This article looks at ways internal audit teams are adopting fast and flexible ‘‘agile’’ development methodologies to better align audit activities with business processes.
Learning From Clients: ‘‘Fix What We Have’’
This article is the second of a three-part series sharing what Protiviti and Robert Half learned from a recent CFO panel discussion about interim resourcing solutions.
Quantifying Cyber Risk Podcast
In this podcast, Protiviti’s Vince Dasta highlights ways organizations can proactively mitigate critical security challenges and quantify cyber risk.
KNOWLEDGELEADER BLOG POST
How Important is Due Diligence to the M&A Process?
Conducting a thorough due diligence effort for an acquisition is more important than ever. This week's blog post focuses on the importance of due diligence to the M&A process.
Manage and Administer Benefits: Flexible Benefits RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the flexible benefits component of the “manage and administer benefits” process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
How Blockchain is Revolutionizing the Travel and Hospitality Industry
This article covers the advantages of blockchain, current examples of blockchain in the travel industry, and its unlimited potential for future technologies. Source: isaca.org
New Position Paper Released: Internal Audit’s Role on Governing Bodies/Executive Committee Participation
The IIA has released a new position paper titled “Internal Auditing’s Role in Governing Body/Executive Committees.” This paper outlines when and how internal audit’s participation on governing body and executive committees can add value. Source: theiia.org
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Agile Project Planning
In this course you'll learn about critical agile planning activities including creating personas and wireframing. This course also covers the most common agile estimation techniques such as story points, wideband Delphi, and affinity estimation. This course also covers requirements prioritization methods and activities you perform when completing your release plan. The completed course is worth 1 CPE credit, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Distinguish between the key tasks of release planning and iteration planning
- Identify best practices for creating personas as part of requirements definition
- Identify wireframing best practices for formatting user stories
- Identify benefits of story mapping
- Recognize agile estimating techniques
- Identify considerations to keep in mind when estimating team velocity
- Distinguish between the different customer-valued prioritization methods
- Identify the four MoSCoW model categories
- Distinguish between characteristics of the Kano model and priority matrices
- Identify the key activities that take place in the iteration planning meeting
- Demonstrate your knowledge of agile planning activities
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- Municipal Markets – SEC Chairman Clayton Discusses Municipal Securities Market Disclosures
- Investment Management – SEC Director Discusses Future Focus of the Division of Investment Management
- Investor Protection – SEC Commissioner Roisman Addresses Investor Protection
- Agreed-Upon Procedures – AICPA Issues SSAE 19 on Agreed-Upon Procedures Engagements
- Materiality – AICPA Amends the Description of the Concept of Materiality
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Inventory Policy
- Procure-to-Pay Scoping Questionnaire
- IT Change Management Policy
- AR and Cash Application Process Flow
- Shared Services Guide