Executive Perspectives on Top Risks in 2020 - Key Issues Being Discussed in the Boardroom and C-Suite
This report contains results from our eighth annual risk survey of directors and executives to obtain their views on the extent to which a broad collection of risks is likely to affect their organizations throughout 2020.
Upcoming CPE Webinar: Executive Perspectives on Top Risks 2020
Join us for a live discussion of the top risks that are likely to affect organizations throughout 2020 and our suggestions on how to respond to them.
Receive 20% off all subscriptions and upgrades now through December 31. Use promo code YEAREND19
Shared Services Guide: Sample 2
This sample document can be used as a guide for transforming services and functions associated with the shared services center.
Equity Award Valuation Policy
This sample policy provides an overview of procedures organizations should perform during the equity award valuation process.
Service-Level Controls Audit Work Program
This sample audit program provides general steps organizations can use when performing a service-level controls audit.
Investments Audit Work Program
This audit program sample includes steps that can be used to audit an organization’s investments process.
Facilitated Self-Assessment Meetings Methodology
This tool provides an overview of the self-assessment process and includes a self-assessment facilitation framework.
Revamping Risk Culture in the Digital Age - Board Perspectives: Risk Oversight, Issue 121
This issue of Board Perspectives: Risk Oversight
focuses on why organizations might have to undertake more risk than they may be accustomed to taking if they are to survive.
AI in the Technology Industry - How the Need for Competitive Advantage is Driving AI Investment
This article examines the issues that technology companies must navigate as they continue to invest in artificial intelligence (AI).
HOT ISSUE ARTICLES
Internal Audit Innovation for the Next Generation
This article reflects on the true meaning of audit innovation, helping internal audit grasp the scope and speed of change in the global marketplace today.
Lease Accounting Changes: The Journey So Far
This article summarizes finance organizations’ lease accounting journey and provides steps that can be used for the lease accounting transition.
KNOWLEDGELEADER BLOG POST
How Are You Monitoring Your Project Management Risk?
This week's blog post discusses the significance of project management risk and the implications if not monitored properly.
Purchase Materials and Supplies: P-Card Purchases RCM
This document outlines risks and controls common to the p-card purchases component of the purchase materials and supplies process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
IIA Takes a Principled View of Corporate Governance
This article describes eight guiding principles of corporate governance that every organization should strive to meet at the highest levels. Source: theiia.org
Ignorance Is Not Bliss When It Comes to Defending Against the Dark Web
This article discusses areas of the dark web that need to be dealt with cautiously, including its basic contents, pathways and major risks that should be well-understood by an organization's security team. Source: isaca.org
DID YOU KNOW?
IT Risk Topic
KnowledgeLeader has over 315 tools and publications related to IT risk in our database, and they are all right at your fingertips. Check out our IT Risk Topic Page to explore all of the IT risk content available to you.
FEATURED KLplus CPE TRAINING COURSE
Agile Project Scheduling and Monitoring
In this course you'll learn about effective agile project scheduling activities like setting work in progress limits and implementing project buffers, and more. The completed course is worth 1 CPE credit, by the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
CCH TAX AND ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING RESEARCH MANAGER UPDATES
Weekly Summary of Accounting, SEC, and Auditing Developments
- Identify the benefits of setting WIP limits
- Distinguish between different types of scheduling buffers
- Sequence the steps of the Square Root of the Sum of the Squares method for calculating project buffer
- Identify the steps of the backlog grooming process
- Distinguish between tracking tools for the iteration level and the project level
- Identify the required parameters for EVM
- Recognize common review and feedback methods for agile projects
- Identify common risk management strategies for agile projects
- Recognize characteristics of agile testing
- Demonstrate your knowledge of agile project scheduling and monitoring process activities
TOP 5 PAGES ON KNOWLEDGELEADER
- SEC/PCAOB Developments – 2019 AICPA Conference on SEC and PCAOB Developments Highlights Published
- Convertible Debt – New Edition of GAAP Update Service Examines FASB Proposal
- Critical Audit Matters – PCAOB Publishes Critical Audit Matters Spotlight
- Auditing Standards – AICPA Issues Exposure Draft of Conforming Amendments to Recent Standards
- Credit Losses – AICPA Issues Working Drafts on Implementation Issues for Credit Loss Standard
- Key Audit Matters – New Edition of GAAS Update Service Examines SAS 134
- Checklist – New Edition of Summary Checklist of Recent Authoritative AICPA Professional Standards Published
- GASB Standards – GASB Proposes Implementation Guidance for New Pronouncements
- GASB Implementation Guide – New Edition of Governmental GAAP Update Service Examines GASB Proposal
These were the most popular items on KnowledgeLeader last week:
- Spreadsheet Audit Work Program
- Inventory Policy
- AR and Cash Application Process Flow
- System Pre-Implementation Audit Work Program
- Audit Planning Memo