Self-assessment is a recognized best practice that has been applied to risks and controls for many years. Systematically applied across the organization at the entity and process levels, self-assessment is a pre-determined approach whereby individuals self-review or self-audit the controls for which they are responsible and communicate the results to appropriate management.
This questionnaire will help you assess:
- Compliance of financial reporting with SEC requirements
- Compliance with accounting principles
- Whether required reporting to the auditors and audit committee is taking place
- Representation on the disclosure committee
- Periodic meeting of CEO and CFO with the internal and the external audit committee