This sample questionnaire includes a list of items to consider when reviewing an organization's expenditure process controls.
It provides a number of business activities and the related objectives for expenditure process controls. Within the questionnaire, you can document the control attribute, whether the control exists, whether it was designed properly, related test procedures, whether controls are operating effectively, and more.
Example control objectives in this tool include:
- Purchase orders are placed only for approved requisitions
- Purchase orders are entered accurately
- All purchase orders issued are input and processed
- Purchasing has established and follows policies and procedures to qualify and evaluate vendors prior to approval
- There is an approved/preferred vendor list that is maintained by the purchasing department
- A threshold has been established for obtaining competitive bids and quotations for expenditures