A successful risk management strategy requires a strong internal control environment. The RCM format emphasizes that strong and risk-oriented internal control environments are often optimized with automated/manual controls, depending on the situation.
An RCM provides an overview of different control objectives that organizations should take into consideration and the corresponding controls to safeguard the company against risks which may arise if not checked timely. Once customized to an organization, this document can help the user in assessing each control. The control assessment can then also be summarized to develop an action plan.
This document outlines risks and controls common to the child care aspect of the 3.5.7 Manage & Administer Benefits
process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
Sample risks include:
This document can be used as a sample RCM and is not meant to be an exhaustive list of risks and controls. The KnowledgeLeader team will periodically update this RCM with new content. Organizations should select, update and modify the risks and controls included in this document to ensure that it reflects business operations.
- All required documents requested by the EAP are not available.
- Childcare facilities are not safe.
- Company-developed and employee assistance program (EAP) child care services/resources are not available/accessible to all employees.
- EAPs are not evaluated or updated appropriately.
- Inappropriate reimbursements are approved.