1. Internal Audit Performance Measures Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)16. Hotel Audit Work Program
- This tool outlines key objectives for conducting internal audits, the outcome measures associated with each objective, and the activity measures that drive each outcome measure.
2. Inventory Policy
- This policy outlines guidelines and accounting policies to ensure that inventory is properly controlled and costed, and losses or shortages are prevented.
3. AR and Cash Application Process Flow
- This process flow focuses on the AR and cash application process.
4. Accounts Payable RCM
- This document outlines risks and controls common to the "accounts payable" process in a risk control matrix (RCM) format.
5. Internal Audit Risk Assessment Questionnaire
- Internal audit performs a risk assessment to identify and prioritize key risks to best allocate the internal audit resources for the next year.
6. The Updated COSO Internal Control Framework
- In this booklet, we address various questions regarding the New Framework from COSO, including the reasons why it was updated, what has changed, the process for transitioning to its use, and steps companies should take now.
7. Enterprise Risk Management Questionnaire
- This questionnaire can be used when analyzing an organization’s enterprise risk management strategy.
8. Internal Controls Checklist
- This sample internal controls checklist provides a list of items to consider when assessing internal controls for common business processes.
9. Procurement Internal Controls Audit Work Program
- This sample audit work program reviews the internal controls in an organization’s procurement process.
10. COSO Internal Controls Guide: Integrated Framework
- COSO's 2013 Internal Control–Integrated Framework (Framework) is expected to help organizations design and implement internal control in light of many changes in business and operating environments since the issuance of the original Framework, broaden the application of internal control in addressing operations and reporting objectives, and clarify the requirements for determining what constitutes effective internal control. This executive summary provides an overview of the updated Framework.
11. Accounts Receivable Aging and Collections Process Flow
- This process flow outlines the AR aging and collection process.
12. Process Classification Scheme (PCS)
- The Process Classification Scheme (PCS) is a framework used by Protiviti that can be utilized to organize information about a company according to relevant business and/or industry processes.
13. Audit Planning Memo
- The purposes of the audit plan are, first, to contribute to the effectiveness of the audit and, second, to contribute to the audit efficiency. This memorandum should be completed and approved as part of the initial audit planning process.
14. Internal Audit Department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- This tool outlines key performance metrics that are used for assessing audit functions, the outcome measures associated with each metric, and the activity measures that drive each outcome metric.
15. Process Documentation Narrative and Flow Chart Guide
- This guide outlines documentation techniques to develop an adequate understanding of any processing environment. It also provides a process flow example and guidance on elements to be incorporated.
- This audit work program provides guidelines for auditing a hotel and can be modified for other hospitality and service operations.
17. Financial Due Diligence Report
- This sample report presents findings from a financial due diligence analysis of a company being acquired.
18. Human Resources (HR) Process and Compliance Audit Report
- This sample human resources process and compliance internal audit report focuses on time reporting, payroll, recruiting, hiring and termination.
19. Strategic Internal Audit Plan
- This sample outlines the approach employed by internal audit to develop the audit plan and indicative projects for the year.
20. Internal Audit Planning Memo
- This internal audit planning memo provides important details for internal audit planning preparation.
21. Treasury and Cash Management Process Flow
- When cash flows are improperly monitored and adequate controls to prevent fraud and misstatements aren’t in place, there is a large amount pervasive business risk. This process flow focuses on the treasury and cash management processes and provides controls to mitigate risks.
22. Cash Management Policy
- This sample outlines cash receipts, cash disbursements, and general cash management policies and procedures.
23. Budgeting Process Audit Work Program
- The purpose of this sample audit program is to evaluate the overall process for planning and completing budgeting, to determine the effectiveness of compliance with corporate policies and procedures, and to ensure that the budget process is operating as planned.
24. Human Resources Review Audit Work Program
- This sample work program evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of a company’s human resources (HR) process.
25. Internal Control Review Conclusion/Opinion Guide – Writing Example
- This sample outlines writing examples for conclusions and opinions on an internal control review.